Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2005, 01:58 PM

Default Re: Biggest celebrity in your ring game?

Turiaf? Pretty cool. Was that up at Big Daddy's? I had Ravio and Pendergraff sit down at the table when I was there. Pendergraff was only watching though. Also the Mayor of our town, Jim West, came up and played once.
Old 03-01-2005, 02:34 PM

Default sports figures at Canterbury

Antione Whitfield of the Vikings played there alot last summer. Richard Park of the Wild has played there more than once. A couple months ago Bill Lambier was there, though not at the table I was at. I understand he coaches a WNBA team that was here for a game. He is one BIG dude.
Old 03-01-2005, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I played with Michael Ian Black a bunch of times at a local poker club. He is not nearly as funny as he is on Celebrity Poker Showdown. In fact he has yet to even crack a joke. Doesn't say much at all...

[/ QUOTE ]
Is that really him? I thought it was just some dude that kind of looks like him.
Old 03-01-2005, 03:04 PM

I have played with James Woods several times, the most notable of which was when I was verbally accosted by him. It's Clark's favorite story ever.

While the following isn't a playing story, it did occur a couple of weeks ago when I was at Commerce. It's amusing to me for some reason. I was playing 100-200 stud and there was a really loud, obnoxious guy in my game (I forget his name, but snakehead surely knows him). I'm sitting there and some fat dude walks by the table. It's about 2 in the morning on a Friday. Obnoxious guy turns to fat dude and yells out, "hey, are you an actor?" Fat dude, feeling he just got caught, sheepishly says, "yeah." Obnoxious guy says to fat dude, "were you in that American History X?!?" Fat dude echoes back "yeah, I was." O.G. says "I f*ckin' loved that movie. Nice work, bro!... Oh yeah, what was your name again?!?" Fat dude (who seems like his feelings are kind of hurt) "Um, thanks. My name's Ethan." His name is Ethan Suplee, and he plays fat guy extra characters in all kinds of movies. It was hilarious to me, but I'm sure that this story doesn't translate well to written media; it was a "you had to have been there" moment, I think.

I've played with many poker "celebrities", too, and a few guys from the Sharks used to come into Bay 101 a few years ago.
Old 03-01-2005, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is that really him? I thought it was just some dude that kind of looks like him.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's either him or his evil twin brother.
Old 03-01-2005, 03:10 PM

Can you imagine.... poker with a living legend. I'd totally river check raise him and scream out "FREEEDOMMMMMMMM? YEAH RIGHT!"
Old 03-01-2005, 03:13 PM

One night, at our local bar game, my friends started talking about how "Rancid is here!". They had played a show at a nearby club, and then came to the bar for the after party. It was pretty cool, because I like their music and all, but I'm not a huge fan. So, eventually one of the roadies comes over, says "is this no limit hold'em" and starts to play. $20 buy in. Plays for a while, busts 3 or 4 times in 6 or 10 hands and leaves. Later on some other guy comes and sits down to play. Evenetually the bar closes and everyone in Rancid's crew is going to someone's house, and they start tapping at the guy who's playing cards "come on, let's go". He starts talking about how he doesn't drink or do drugs, and doesn't really wanna be at the party, so we invite him back to my friends place where the game continues after the bar.

It turns out, he was the lead singer. He only dropped $60 bucks, but he was a pretty cool guy : ) I played against him for 8 hours in total.
Old 03-01-2005, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Calm... like a bomb.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, and when he says "All in" you say "WACHA SAY, WACHA SAY, WACHA SAY, WHAT?"
Old 03-01-2005, 03:51 PM

I've played with Todd Bridges, Bill Lambier (spelling?), Darren McCarty, and Gorilla Black. And Gabe.

-Michael
Old 03-01-2005, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the most notable of which was when I was verbally accosted by him.

[/ QUOTE ]
???

Anyone have a link to this if it was told in an older thread? I am searching around but have not come up with much.