Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2005, 02:07 AM

Default Re: anyone elses dad an [censored]?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I agree with you guys. I keep telling Daryn he's lazy. Daryn you want to move out so suck it up and play some poker so you can buy a place, I think it is pretty simple.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't know if it's lazy, or if i just find life boring. no idea of a job excites me, even playing poker is suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, that sucks then. I can't imagine not being able to find SOMETHING you'd be interested in based on what your major was. You were a physics guy though, right? Eh, that might be tough then.

This whole issue baffles me I guess. I mean, let's say you get your house, what are you going to do then? Just play a little bit of poker, and that's it?

And are you willing to move to find a job? Or do you want to stick around Boston?
Old 02-26-2005, 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i think you got me figured wrong man. boring != depressed

[/ QUOTE ]

Medical depression doesn't mean sad.
Old 02-26-2005, 02:13 AM

This is the Chinese 'year of the rooster' which also happens to coincide with my Dad's chinese astrological sign.

I have taken great pride in telling others that "my Dad is a cock" ever since learning this (usually when I'm with others at a Chinese restaurant).

Is this what you meant?
Old 02-26-2005, 02:19 AM

LOL.
Old 02-26-2005, 02:26 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
I agree with you guys. I keep telling Daryn he's lazy. Daryn you want to move out so suck it up and play some poker so you can buy a place, I think it is pretty simple.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't know if it's lazy, or if i just find life boring. no idea of a job excites me, even playing poker is suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, that sucks then. I can't imagine not being able to find SOMETHING you'd be interested in based on what your major was. You were a physics guy though, right? Eh, that might be tough then.

This whole issue baffles me I guess. I mean, let's say you get your house, what are you going to do then? Just play a little bit of poker, and that's it?

And are you willing to move to find a job? Or do you want to stick around Boston?

[/ QUOTE ]

i think i want to stick around here. i'm really not that interested in a job, i don't know what to say. are you supposed to be interested in something? i just view a job as a money maker. unless i get a job like professional food taster/critic, or rock star, i don't see how you could really be thrilled to go to work every day.
Old 02-26-2005, 02:26 AM

i think you got me figured wrong man. boring != depressed

[/ QUOTE ]

Medical depression doesn't mean sad.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok fair enough, but i'm sure i'm not medically depressed either.
Old 02-26-2005, 02:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i think i want to stick around here. i'm really not that interested in a job, i don't know what to say. are you supposed to be interested in something? i just view a job as a money maker. unless i get a job like professional food taster/critic, or rock star, i don't see how you could really be thrilled to go to work every day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you've got me stumped. I don't view a job as a moneymaker in and of itself. I just applied recently for a job that I would kill for, practically work for free. Getting paid would just be a bonus. But I can see how some people wouldn't feel the same way.

My current job is good. I can't say I ever dread going into work or anything. But I'm the type of person who likes to chat people up, and the lack of personal contact if I was home all day would drive me crazy.
Old 02-26-2005, 03:10 AM

i'm curious.. what job would you take almost working for free? i'm baffled by that statement. i like to chat people up too, but i guess i will always see work as work.
Old 02-26-2005, 03:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
no big story, things could be a lot worse. i just basically have no real relationship with my parents or siblings.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, just look at you. You're a Pizza delivery boy from the past who loves a one-eyed Alien Bimbo that sounds like Peg Bundy, and yer best friend is a robot that acts like an ass at all times.

DUH!
Old 02-26-2005, 03:54 AM

I think I feel pretty much the same way Daryn. I'm only a freshman and I don't even have an interest in a major, much less a job. Poker is alright, I enjoy playing (when I'm winning) but I guess I see it mostly as a way to build up some money so I can hopefully do whatever the hell I want in the future.