Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2005, 08:46 PM

Default Re: No sightings at the Trop

First post here... I honestly don't keep up with forums but registered here today & will try to keep up.

Mike Gallo, I'm that deaf guy who you had the str8 against my trips of 8 with both of us in blinds at that 1st table of Trop's $150 tourney last Friday night. (Little did I know that the 6 at river certainly did you well, *winks*)

I recognized the pyramid, so perhaps we have bumped into each other before even if I go to AC like only twice a year or so. :-)

How did you fare in that tourney? I ran into cold streak in middle of tourney then finally protected my AKo by re-raising to my all-in to someone's bet pf with 1 caller; i only got the caller's call instead (he was big stack). Won it as he just had KQo. Guy who bet pf grumbled as he claimed he had queens, whatever, heh. I only had T3500-T4000 by then, weird.

Alas, few hands later, finally got a nice hand of A9s, called a minimum raise pf (800 from BB of 400). Hit the ace at flop of A4K. The woman bet strong at flop with T2000, almost raised her but chose to call her. Turn was a 9. She then looked at my chips & said she's all in (she had much bigger stack than i did). I did read her as solid but felt she may just have AQ or the like. I stupidly called her and was little shocked to see her having KKK. (KK with a minimum raise preflop, dangerous, my opinion... esp if the flop didn't have a K for her...yes, ppl may argue it's becuz they prefer to see if flop has an ace... but hmm...)

I was out with like 4 or 5 tables left to go... heck, it was only just my 2nd B&M tourney ever, both at Trop.

* Cal
Old 02-23-2005, 01:46 AM

Default Re: Help a brotha out -- FREE FOOD/$$

ccx -- thanks so much for your help getting me on the list. I owe you big time. I rolled in at about 6 on Sunday evening, and waited -- get this -- 2 and a half minutes for my 1-2 NL seat, sat there for 20 minutes, and got my 6/12 seat at that point. Unbelieveable, particularly considering the lists for both games were still quite long at this point.

For those that were playing Borgata Sunday night, Monday, and today, I had the black Party Poker hat on & had candy cane stacks of red/white when sitting 6/12 (annoying that others don't do this -- that game is awfully slow compared to others). I smashed the 6/12 game for about 50BB's on Monday, partially on the strength of a decent run when the game was 3 handed from about 4AM to 7AM.

I also did well at the NL (goofing off raising trash, and managed to flop some nice hands, including a flopped boat after raising 6BB pre-flop on the button w/72o... tasty!), so I took my profits & gave 10-20 a go for the first time (Monday night into Tuesday AM, back of the room). I was surprised to see that the play didn't improve much from 6/12... had a short-ish Asian guy to my left in a bright green shirt (not Evan -- I asked) if you were in the game or walked by. Loudmouth LAG in the 10 seat was stuck in the game apparently, played his way to even, which he wouldn't shut up about ("button raise coming in 2 hands..."), insisted on playing his button once doing so, and then in a moment of great karma managed to drop 350 or so back into the game before being dragged out by his friend. I think he said something about hawking his EZpass to cover the losses. I was HU in several hands with this guy, and lost more than I won, but mainly because he just flat out-flopped me (23o makes a pair of 3's to beat AQs, KQ beats JJ, T6 beats 99, etc.). I left when the game broke at about 3:30 AM Tuesday down 5BB feeling ok about my first experience in the bigger game.

So anyhow thanks again to ccx for hooking me up, and I hope to be back up at Borgata in the next few weeks.
Old 02-23-2005, 07:59 AM

Default Re: Help a brotha out -- FREE FOOD/$$

no problem, glad i could help because the lists were friggin ridiculous when you called me - sounds like everything worked out for you! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]