Default Re: Best concert you have ever seen live

AC\DC
Can't remember the year,
Skydome
Toronto

Damn they know how to put on a show.
Old 02-02-2005, 11:49 PM

Grateful Dead, thurs may 27 1995 Seattle, Wa, Memorial stadium. 72 and sunny, good smoke, good freinds, and good music- can't be beat.

they played for five hours- no opener, one break (which was a 40 minute drum solo by grammy winning drummer mickey hart)

I also saw Dylan, Van Morrison, and Joni Mitchell at the gorge in george in '02- that was a fantastic show, but i went with two girls that wanted to leave after Mitchell, and i spent the whole Van Morrison set convincing them to stay for one more set.... well worth it, because at the end they all played 'brown eyed girl' together- cheezy, i know, but, still worth it.

I also saw The roots, Atari teenage riot, and Rage in '99- that was very good, too.

...and in '03 I saw a St Croix regge band named 'Midnight' that was absoloutly awesome- anybody else here seen or heard 'em?
Old 02-03-2005, 12:10 AM

Rage rocks!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-03-2005, 12:25 AM

-there was a big to-do about that concert, too. the local sherrif wanted to cancel the concert, because of rage's 'anti-american' lyrics, or something. he claimed that they were going to try to incite a riot.

so we go anyway... and they're searching EVERY car as they pull off the freeway. fortunatly all the drugs were hidden in my subwoofer box and we slipped right through.

At the end of the show, rage is performing, it's getting pretty heavy in the pit, and they bust out the... 'those who die..' and cut out half way into the song. the lights come on, the cops start clearing the amphetheater...

...and it all goes black.
...the drums come back in, and de la rocha gets up and says;

"if you get busted for doing something stupid tonight, it's your own fault! But if that sherrif comes up to you and tries to bust you for some bullshit, tries to violate your rights, I want you to pop a fukin cap in his PIG HEAD!!!"

"F**K YOU I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME!" etc, etc, 20 minute encore.

AWESOME!
Old 02-03-2005, 07:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I also saw Dylan, Van Morrison, and Joni Mitchell at the gorge in george in '02- that was a fantastic show, but i went with two girls that wanted to leave after Mitchell, and i spent the whole Van Morrison set convincing them to stay for one more set.... well worth it, because at the end they all played 'brown eyed girl' together- cheezy, i know, but, still worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was at that show -- I thought Van Morrison completely mailed it in. But Dylan and Mitchell were great.
Old 02-03-2005, 12:17 AM

Radiohead at Red Rocks (Morrison, CO), summer of last year.

There was a point in the concert where Thom Yorke started singing part of "karma police" a cappella, and directed the audience to join in. Does that sound hokey? It does to me, now, writing about it. But that night it was magic. People around me were crying; they sat motionless in the stands for minutes after the last encore was over and the lights came up over the rocks. I'd never seen that sort of response before, and I doubt I will again. Unreal. The whole show was just amazing.

There have been a ton of other concerts I've really enjoyed, some big and some small -- seeing Mike Gordon and Leo Kottke perform together (Boulder Theater) was sweet; Solas (ridiculous Irish band) a few years ago at a pub in Houston; etc etc -- but that radiohead show stands out.
Old 02-03-2005, 01:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Radiohead at Red Rocks (Morrison, CO), summer of last year.

There was a point in the concert where Thom Yorke started singing part of "karma police" a cappella, and directed the audience to join in. Does that sound hokey? It does to me, now, writing about it. But that night it was magic. People around me were crying; they sat motionless in the stands for minutes after the last encore was over and the lights came up over the rocks. I'd never seen that sort of response before, and I doubt I will again. Unreal. The whole show was just amazing.

There have been a ton of other concerts I've really enjoyed, some big and some small -- seeing Mike Gordon and Leo Kottke perform together (Boulder Theater) was sweet; Solas (ridiculous Irish band) a few years ago at a pub in Houston; etc etc -- but that radiohead show stands out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell yeah dude, that was absolutely incredible. Also, I still get chills whenever I listen to "We Suck Young Blood."
Old 02-03-2005, 12:35 AM

ozma
get up kids
weezer

before weezer and guk got all gay