Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2005, 10:05 PM

Default Re: Should it be legal to torture a Liberal?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
actually I think he stays away from political post because he sells books on poker, I doubt he would want to piss off either half of his customers by taking a stand on politics.

[/ QUOTE ]

So much for you to learn yet so little time. It appears you haven't read his posts in the Psychology forum about not believing in God. You think that won't alienate more than half his prospective customers?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, which is it!! you just told me that I was wrong for putting up his quote about grammar in his book because you said thats why he stays out of the political post area and now your telling me he makes post in the Psychology forum, does grammar not matter in that forum? I'm sure going to tell me how thats not a contradiction, I can't wait.
Old 01-30-2005, 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
actually I think he stays away from political post because he sells books on poker, I doubt he would want to piss off either half of his customers by taking a stand on politics.

[/ QUOTE ]

So much for you to learn yet so little time. It appears you haven't read his posts in the Psychology forum about not believing in God. You think that won't alienate more than half his prospective customers?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, which is it!! you just told me that I was wrong for putting up his quote about grammar in his book because you said thats why he stays out of the political post area and now your telling me he makes post in the Psychology forum, does grammar not matter in that forum? I'm sure going to tell me how thats not a contradiction, I can't wait.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wrote [ QUOTE ]
Perhaps this is why he never posts in the politics forum. Methinks you should follow his lead.

[/ QUOTE ]

You see the word perhaps indicates speculation not certainty. It should be aparrent that my main point was you should stay away from the politics forum.
Old 01-30-2005, 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a quote from Sklansky's book on Hold'em Poker, being that your posting on this site i'm going to take for granted that you think he's a pretty intelligent person.

A Note on the English
Neither one of us claim to be professional writers. We are professional poker players.
But the purpose of this book is not to get an "A" from out English teacher. So if we end a sentence with a preposition or use a few too many words or even introduce a new subject in a slightly inappropriate place, you can take solace from the fact that you can buy lots more books by Hemingway with the money we make you.

I'm not going to be an english teacher and I don't submit my post worried about the grade I will recieve on it as far as grammar. If you can read it enough to critize the idea then its good enough, critizing the grammar of a post on a message board is pretty petty.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would submit that since your writing is the way that you represent yourself on an internet discussion forum, doing it properly is of some importance. Right or wrong, I tend to give less weight to those that consistently spell incorrectly and use poor grammar.
Old 01-31-2005, 12:09 AM

yes, we need people like you in the forum that talk of torturing people and giving out your address. I bet if you do a google search you'll find a cool atheist/torture/slash meet singles in your area chat room.
Old 01-31-2005, 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is a quote from Sklansky's book on Hold'em Poker, being that your posting on this site i'm going to take for granted that you think he's a pretty intelligent person.

A Note on the English
Neither one of us claim to be professional writers. We are professional poker players.
But the purpose of this book is not to get an "A" from out English teacher. So if we end a sentence with a preposition or use a few too many words or even introduce a new subject in a slightly inappropriate place, you can take solace from the fact that you can buy lots more books by Hemingway with the money we make you.

I'm not going to be an english teacher and I don't submit my post worried about the grade I will recieve on it as far as grammar. If you can read it enough to critize the idea then its good enough, critizing the grammar of a post on a message board is pretty petty.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would submit that since your writing is the way that you represent yourself on an internet discussion forum, doing it properly is of some importance. Right or wrong, I tend to give less weight to those that consistently spell incorrectly and use poor grammar.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never been one to critize this person on this paticular issue but its way to easy so im going to say it anyway. Your a Bush supporter and your critizing my grammar?
Old 01-31-2005, 12:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've never been one to critize this person on this paticular issue but its way to easy so im going to say it anyway. Your a Bush supporter and your critizing my grammar?

[/ QUOTE ]

So because I support the President, this means I cant criticize your grammar or spelling? Well I suspected you werent the sharpest knife in the drawer, now I am certain.
Old 01-31-2005, 12:55 AM

LOL, he went to Yale and is the president of the united states. He also butchers the english lanugage with the best of them. if you dont see the irony in that, then your not the sharpest tool in the shed.
Old 01-31-2005, 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL, he went to Yale and is the president of the united states. He also butchers the english lanugage with the best of them. if you dont see the irony in that, then your not the sharpest tool in the shed.

[/ QUOTE ]

The President's usage of the English language has exactly nothing to do with my criticism of your usage.
Old 01-31-2005, 01:13 AM

Default No! Republicans Need Liberals!

There are a lot of jackasses in the Republicn camp. It is the loony-liberals that make even BIGGER jackasses of themselves which takes the focus off of the Republican jackasses......
Old 01-31-2005, 04:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The President's usage of the English language has exactly nothing to do with my criticism of your usage.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it does. You said yourself that you tend to give less weight to statements made by posters on this site if their post have incorrect spelled words and grammatical errors. Does this mean that when President Bush speaks and he pronounces a word wrong that you give less weight to what he is saying? I don't criticize the president for his word fumbles because it dose not matter. I do spell words wrong and I have grammatical errors, sometimes when I write a letter or when I am typing to a friend on instant messenger I do the same thing. Everybody will agree that you should never proof read your own writings because you know what you meant to say in your head and your mind tends to fill in the blanks as your reading. I've never been the best speller on earth, my University of Arizona like first round exits in the 3rd grade spelling contest are proof of that and grammar was never my favorite subject. If you want to beat me up over misspelled words and incorrect usage of a comma, then by all means go for it and have a blast. My original reply to this post was that no intelligent political conversation would come of this post. So far we have talked about; torturing my mother, someone not caring that his mother was dead because she was a democrat, someone asking another if they would like his address, so they could settle their dispute in a fight to the death cage match or something, and we have had a good many post about incorrect spellings. I think its time we just let this post die, but if you feel like you still want to take a few more jabs at me and my spelling, by all means do it and I hope it makes you glow with joy.