Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2004, 01:18 AM

Default Re: And Our Champion is....

Congrts fmonti!

What an exciting down-to-the-wire finish.
Hollywood couldn't have scripted it any better.

I'll be interested to see if I somehow vaulted into the top 10 with my 11th place finish tonight.....but I had a lot of ground to cover.

See you in 2005 KOTZ'ers!!

Thanks to emark for simon for doing all the grudge-workery on this and getting the groovy trophy and possibly even getting sponsorship for next year.
Old 12-17-2004, 01:28 AM

Default Re: The Official KotZ NLHE Championship Thread

Well, I pulled a couple of boneheaded moves tonight. First making a steal raise against a moderate stacked opponent and then calling the rest of my chips with 2nd pair. Interestingly enough I was ahead, but not for long because I was against a flush draw and an overcard that hit on the river.

Then I called all-in with AQ against Choyce's 88. I've always said I'm good at playing a short stack, but I'm horrible at playing a big one. Urgh.

GG everyone. I enjoyed this year, being a big learning year for me. I moneyed a few times and in my SnG experience managed to go from the $5s early in the year to the $50s where I am now. Couldn't have done it without y'all.
Old 12-17-2004, 07:15 AM

Good job! Congrats on the title, I wish it woulda been me instead [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

All hail the king!
Old 12-17-2004, 08:37 AM

Fmonti – awesome job, well done … more so, well deserved.
Emark – another awesome job. Thank you for all your hard work throughout the year.

This is a very fun year. I cannot explain how much I have learned plying in these. Winning was a big thing, but learning how to play at a better level has been the best part. Not true, learning the 78% rule has been the best part; you guys were a close second

MEBenhoe, maybe the funniest Zoo player of the Year! Hands down, period! Although it is something I will never ever do, at my age, what a great idea! Ben: When you are up to it, go watch any Christmas Show (Rudolph, Frosty) and every time the word Christmas, Santa, etc. is said, have a drink.

As stated, anyone going to AC in January, please feel free to let me know. I look forward to meeting up with you.
Old 12-17-2004, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

MEbenhoe, maybe the funniest Zoo player of the Year! Hands down, period! Although it is something I will never ever do, at my age, what a great idea! Ben: When you are up to it, go watch any Christmas Show (Rudolph, Frosty) and every time the word Christmas, Santa, etc. is said, have a drink.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you, Thank you sir. I figure I gotta do stuff like this while I can do it and still feel perfectly fine the next morning. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

P.S. My name is actually Matt, my name on here often confuses people into thinking my name is Ben, but the Ebenhoe part is my last name, thus giving me the coolest initials of all time (M.E.).
Old 12-17-2004, 02:03 PM

Congrats to fmonti- I am claiming a tiny portion of the victory, since I knocked out Ed and Vinny for him [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Ed, thanks for a great year of tourneys- I had a blast, at least until I got knocked out in every tournament [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

All hail the King!