Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2004, 05:22 AM

Default Re: Protest Empire-Everyone withdraw balances

and why was it not ours?..the email I got to MY EMAIL ADDY states otherwise..
Old 09-29-2004, 05:24 AM

Location: Poker is like sex, I have no idea what I am doing and most of the time it is done sitting infront of a computer by myself-NC

that is how your brain works? you see that as an offer? you cant be a winning poker player
Old 09-29-2004, 05:26 AM

the worst part about it how many people DONT know yet and are sleeping and dreaming of their $500 that they planned on finishing off tomorrow.

Word is all over the place on this 1 and I think Empire is going to suffer to the point where they have to EMAIL us a BIG reload to get us to forgive them.. Say 50% to a $500 max?.. that might work if I DIDNT THINK THEY WOULD STEAL THAT 1 ALSO.
Old 09-29-2004, 05:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
that is how your brain works? you see that as an offer? you cant be a winning poker player

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, I know, silly emails from a business detailing their offer and what the restrictions and terms are are not usually seen as an agreement of said offer.

Think this through a little bit you fool.

There are alot of stupid people posting here.
Old 09-29-2004, 05:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Here's what the email they sent me said:

"You have been awarded a bonus amount of $500 and the money has been added into your Bonus account. All you need to do now is to play 2500 raked hands and the bonus amount will be released to your Real money account.

The bonus offer expires on 28-OCT-04 EST. Hence, you have to play these hands by 28-OCT-04 EST. If the above conditions are not met, your bonus will expire. Details and disclaimer.

Hope you are having an exciting time playing at Empire Poker. Do check the latest promotions by visiting our monthly events calendar.

Sincerely Yours,
Customer Care Manager
info@empirepoker.com"

I most certainly am a winning player.
Old 09-29-2004, 05:28 AM

yeah from what he types you can tell how much of a winning poker player he is.. thats like what I read in either Ken warrens or lee jones book about playeys with tattoos cant be very good poker players.. what a moronic statement that is.
Old 09-29-2004, 05:34 AM

Location: Poker is like sex, I have no idea what I am doing and most of the time it is done sitting infront of a computer by myself-NC

it wasnt his typing, just the logical thought process he goes through to arrive at his conclusions......YAWN
Old 09-29-2004, 05:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
it wasnt his typing, just the logical thought process he goes through to arrive at his conclusions......YAWN

[/ QUOTE ]

What's that? Adding one plus one and arriving at two?

Yawn is right. I have to go to bed. I am finally done with this fiasco, as well as Empire poker.

And I really don't give a rip if they won't miss me. The feeling will be mutual.
Old 09-29-2004, 05:46 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

it was an automated e-mail you [censored] idiot. just cause they got your dick hard for a few hours doesn't mean you're entitled to anything

this is a poker forum. you have not and will not ever contribute anything. all you want is leech off all the information and give nothing back. as if that wasn't worthless enough, you go on to flame some of the more respected posters on the site. maybe you didn't realize that morgant actually writes about poker here, because all you do is read this worthless forum every now and again to see how you can get something for nothing

go [censored] yourself
Old 09-29-2004, 05:46 AM

I withdrew my funds which were still substantial stemming from my significant tourney win last week.
I haven't bothered sending an e-mail. I'll just wait and see what they say if/when they respond to everyone else here.

I was playing higher than normal because I was counting on that free $500.
Take a shot a higher limit and if I get clobbered then scale it back and grind out the rest of my $500 bonus.

Well, I got clobbered. I don't necessarily blame Empire for this. But I would not have incporporated such a 'take a shot at a higher limit' strategy if it weren't for the $500 bonus that I was counting on.
Perhaps taking this approach was incorrect on my part even with the $500 bonus, but I don't have any regrets about trying it (sometimes you win $1k at 15/30, sometimes you lose $1k, that's how it goes).

All that said, I'm actually not terribly upset by this. That's how it goes. I suspected there was a slight chance that Empire would wake-up and take back their bonus-money that they obviously didn't intend to give out as a reload.

But that doesn't mean I thought it was correct for them to do so...I just thought it was a possibility (althoug I wasn't really expecting it...hence the reason I took a shot at a higher limit than I normally play).

Anyway, I have withdrawn all of my funds and they will really have to go out of their way to regain my business in the future.
The fact that they sent out confirmation e-mails WITH the bonus but did not send out a thing (even an apology for the misunderstanding type of e-mail) when they pulled it back is extremely unprofessional.

They would have been much better off just letting everyone work off the bonus (which doesn't really cost them that much) then putting themselves through this public-relations nightmare of pissy players.
Many of the 2+2'ers who might leave for good bring a lot of action there. Risking losing their business is idiotic on their part.

I'm not saying I'm done with Empire for good. But they will probably need to show me some sign of professionalism before I consider heading back.