Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2005, 03:11 PM

Default Re: Future of RakeBack at Party Skins

Party is run by monkeys and you guys are all acting like the sky is falling. Relax.

Seriously.
Old 04-28-2005, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2) Party has been losing knowledgeble players to their skins because of rake-back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't this better than losing them to a non-party-skin pokerroom that will still offer rakeback when the skins stop offering it?
Old 04-28-2005, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Party is run by monkeys and you guys are all acting like the sky is falling. Relax.

Seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]

But the sky is falling.
Old 04-28-2005, 03:54 PM

That's a pretty ominous post - any of our affy's have a clue what IGM's scheme is?
Old 04-28-2005, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
2) Party has been losing knowledgeble players to their skins because of rake-back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't this better than losing them to a non-party-skin pokerroom that will still offer rakeback when the skins stop offering it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, but it was my contention (see post above) that very few people would leave Party and play elsewhere "just" for rake-rack. The difference between Party (and skins) and any other site for cash ring games is HUGE when looking at the number of fish, the looseness of the tables and the most important one for multi-tablers . . . . table selection.

I'm only speaking from personal experience with this, but I gave up bonus whoring at other Poker sites along time ago realizing that playing at Party without a bonus and or rake back was still MUCH more profitable on a daily basis than playing any where else that may be offering either( or both).

busguy
Old 04-28-2005, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, but it was my contention (see post above) that very few people would leave Party and play elsewhere "just" for rake-rack. The difference between Party (and skins) and any other site for cash ring games is HUGE when looking at the number of fish, the looseness of the tables and the most important one for multi-tablers . . . . table selection.

I'm only speaking from personal experience with this, but I gave up bonus whoring at other Poker sites along time ago realizing that playing at Party without a bonus and or rake back was still MUCH more profitable on a daily basis than playing any where else that may be offering either( or both).

busguy

[/ QUOTE ]

While it is true that Party offers the best game selection of any one site; I believe it is overrated in this respect. Not that the games are not soft, but you can find the smae type of games and better by being willing to play multiple sites.

I could never play Party again and find good games just fine. But Party is very convienent. But to say it is irreplaceable is not true.
Old 04-28-2005, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure why this concept still seems so foreign to people.

1) Party does not offer rakeback.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes they do. They give it all back to the affiliate. That's what's so ridiculous about this whole crusade. They give it all back to the affiliate for doing nothing more than spending 5 minutes to sign up a player, while the player is getting nothing in return for his 40K hands per month.
Old 04-28-2005, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If Party loses tough, knowledgable players to their skins then that is bad for Party (since the skins share the same tables as Party - jackpot and promo tables excepted). If Party loses tough, knowlegable players to other sites then IN THE LONG TERM it is good for Party and their skins and bad for the other sites (except for sites that don't have a critical mass of games).

Party has the fishiest games (of the major sites) because of relatively great marketing and DESPITE the services (e.g., letting Pokertracker users dump data automatically to thier hard drive) that make it easy for top players to multi-table at a profit. As the tough players multiply and fish get eaten up too quickly, all this could change and Party games could go downhill fast.

A key for any new or existing online room is attracting and keeping a base of fishy players. If there are fish, you will attrack some sharks, but that doesn't mean you have to spoon feed the sharks.

~ Rick
Old 04-28-2005, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes they do. They give it all back to the affiliate. That's what's so ridiculous about this whole crusade. They give it all back to the affiliate for doing nothing more than spending 5 minutes to sign up a player, while the player is getting nothing in return for his 40K hands per month.

[/ QUOTE ]

Advertising 101

Party pays affiliates to bring them players.

In return for the affiliate bringing Party players, Party pays said affiliate in one of two ways:

1. Cost Per Acquisition (CPA) - $65-75 per player
2. Revenue Sharing - 20-25% of MGR generated by referred player. This option is left up to the affiliate.

I guess the original poster should have clarified a bit for you...

Party does not offer rakeback to their players.
Old 04-28-2005, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Advertising 101

Party pays affiliates to bring them players.

In return for the affiliate bringing Party players, Party pays said affiliate in one of two ways:

1. Cost Per Acquisition (CPA) - $65-75 per player
2. Revenue Sharing - 20-25% of MGR generated by referred player. This option is left up to the affiliate.

I guess the original poster should have clarified a bit for you...

Party does not offer rakeback to their players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I'm well aware of this. As I said, the affiliate spends 5 minutes signing a guy up, and then is rewarded with rakeback for the player's hard work for the rest of his playing career, which is stupid.

The ultimate solution is to give the affiliate a flat fee for signing up the new player. After that, he gets nothing. The rakeback could be redirected to the player on an incentive program. If he plays few hands, he gets a very small percentage. They more hands he plays, the higher percentage he gets back (capped at 25% or whatever). This alone would give all players the incentive to play more, thus generating more profit for the site.