Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 02:21 PM

Default Re: Agree/Disagree

I can't believe I just read this whole thread.

Fack...
Old 11-17-2005, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know you didn't really ask for our advice, but doesn't it strike you a little odd that not a single person who has responded to this thread agrees with you? Everyone thinks their strategy is a good one, but what separates the good players from the bad ones is the ability to accept criticism and alter your play and learn from it.

Keeping that in mind, I recommend re-reading the posts in this thread, reading a lot of other threads in this forum, and come to your own conclusion.

[/ QUOTE ]

I appreciate the civility, instead of just calling me a moron. Now, if you'll read the original quote, which spawned the 2nd and thrid quotes after discussion, I believe the OBJECTIVE is to not have to put your chips at risk without knowing you have the best hand. Do I always follow this straegy? Of course not, but I believe it to be the key to my success thus far. Am I still growing as a player? Of course, and I will certainly take into consideration the posts on this topic, thanks for your responses.
Old 11-17-2005, 02:24 PM

My opinions:

[ QUOTE ]
"the key in sng's is to never have to go all in. every person who is serious about sng's will tell you that"

[/ QUOTE ]

We are quite serious here and most of us disagree with the statement.

[ QUOTE ]
"you can play hard with out putting all of your chips at risk"

[/ QUOTE ]

Impossible in poker tournaments of any kind, deep stack or otherwise, never mind STTs.

[ QUOTE ]
"you should NEVER have to go all in without the nuts before the blinds get to 100/200 unless you are desperately short stacked"

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess it depends on what he considers "desperately short stacked" when the BB is t200. I still think this is probably wrong anyway because in poker NEVER is almost never correct.
Old 11-17-2005, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
However, i believe strongly that the GOAL of sng's is to not have to put all of your chips at risk without what you believe is the best hand by a wide margin, whether it is the absolute nuts, or 2nd or 3rd nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

you can keep saying this until you're blue in the face, but you'll be just as wrong as you were the first time...
Old 11-17-2005, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i might be in the worst mood i've ever been in while actively being a member of this board. i'm attempting to restrain myself from posting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 11-17-2005, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
However, i believe strongly that the GOAL of sng's is to not have to put all of your chips at risk without what you believe is the best hand by a wide margin, whether it is the absolute nuts, or 2nd or 3rd nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i keep hearing that, but no one is telling me why going all in without knowing you are winning is, in fact, a winning strategy.

you can keep saying this until you're blue in the face, but you'll be just as wrong as you were the first time...

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-17-2005, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i keep hearing that, but no one is telling me why going all in without knowing you are winning is, in fact, a winning strategy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bones, those are impossibly fake breasts.

But also very nice [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img].

Who's the chick?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

because ther'es no time to wait around for those sorts of sureties in this game.

that said, that is all that really needs to be said in this thread.

you guys all suck.
Closed Thread