Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2005, 09:29 AM

Default Re: Anyone lose connection to one table on Party?

[ QUOTE ]
I spoke at length to Party and they would not even consider that it could be on their end. They did no investigation, claiming that "no one else" was reporting similar problems and that as each table establishes its own connection to party servers, I should talk to my ISP. Yeah, right.

[/ QUOTE ]

When this happens and it's so long a disconnect that I am sitting out, then usually almost all of the table are sitting out when I reconnect. Somehow I doubt 85% of my opponents are using the same ISP as I am...
Old 07-17-2005, 10:05 AM

I had also an "establishing connection" message at an Empire table yesterday, but it was only for a few seconds and happened only once.
Probably it depends on the country that you log in.
Old 07-17-2005, 10:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I had also an "establishing connection" message at an Empire table yesterday, but it was only for a few seconds and happened only once.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah?

I live in the US and saw the problem with Empire continuously so far this weekend.

KO
Old 07-17-2005, 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah?

I live in the US and saw the problem with Empire continuously so far this weekend.

KO

[/ QUOTE ]

ditto
Old 07-17-2005, 11:54 AM

This is happening to me too. I tried closing that one table that was acting up (on Empire) and opening one table on Euro, and that seemed to solve the problem, at least temporarily.

What I wonder is how so many people can be experiencing exactly one table outage, where it's clear that the whole table is experiencing the outage at the same time. It would seem that whatever the problem is, some people would end up getting 2 or 3 tables go out at the same time. Anyone?
Old 07-17-2005, 12:45 PM

"We have forwarded your concerns to the department responsible for addressing them" - Eurobet customer service.

Just spent an hour requesting, receiving, importing to PT, etc. the 24 hands whose HHs were incomplete due to disconnects from a ~1200 hand stretch. So about 2% of all hands are lost to disconnections severe enough to foul the HH. Aaaaarrggghh!
Old 07-17-2005, 12:46 PM

This problem has been going on long enough and happens often enough that it devalues PT somewhat as a tool to keep track of wins/losses. PT does not import hands where there was a break in connection.

I'd recommend that anyone tracking their winrate start using the "statistics" window to track number of hands played in a session, and keeping track of win/loss amounts per session the old-fashioned way... in a notebook.

I'm missing only seven hands out of the last 505 in PT, but there's a 5BB difference in those hands.
Old 07-17-2005, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What I wonder is how so many people can be experiencing exactly one table outage, where it's clear that the whole table is experiencing the outage at the same time. It would seem that whatever the problem is, some people would end up getting 2 or 3 tables go out at the same time. Anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was having 1 table out of my 8 go down on Friday, until later in the day it got up to 5 or 6.

I didn't play yesterday and will not play today because these issues are the last thing I need to deal with.

Hopefully things are better tomorrow.

Ps - Roadrunner, with 2 routers (one wireless and one for Vonage), for those who care.
Old 07-18-2005, 08:44 PM

I like when one of the few important threads in the zoo falls to the third page so we can fit in more garbage about online poker being rigged.

This problem is still occuring and its seriously starting to piss me off.
Old 07-18-2005, 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This problem is still occuring and its seriously starting to piss me off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same. I stopped playing for a while because it's pissing me off.