Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2004, 04:04 AM

Default Re: WTF is so hard about 3/6?

[ QUOTE ]
I couldn't disagree more. The 3/6 games are MUCH softer than the 5/10 games.

I agree with this.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1

Stay with 3/6....many of the 2+2ers play it for a reason.

King
Old 11-16-2004, 04:23 AM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"
Default Re: WTF is so hard about 3/6?

Just like before I moved back to 2/4, I just sit there and fold, fold and fold hands to raises that I would be able to limp in with at 2/4 in MP/LP (KQo/AQo/KJo/AJo/smaller pocket pairs, etc.), or hands that are just plain crap to begin with. I rarely see a free flop from the BB (maybe 1 in 10).

The blind structure makes it more likely that the SB will fold just about any hand , and the BB will fold many more hands than a BB will at 2/4. So mp or later opens will normally be for 2 bets. What you have to figure out is the value of your hand compared to the open and play from there. That of course means knowing the opponent.

In general it's hard to play too tight at 3/6. 15% is about right the thing that you have to keep up is the aggression factor. Note who your player is, if they think about you, and what there current image of you is. Steal from the better players, value bet the bad ones. If your image becomes to loose, stick to showdown poker rules, to tight practice a little larceny.

THe one nice thing about playing these games is that it's a cheap way to learn alot about playing tougher games.