Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2005, 09:18 PM

Default Re: Financial advice for young and wealthy

[ QUOTE ]
if only i knew how to manage my money.. sigh. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you just shove it into extra SNG games? Hooola.
Old 07-18-2005, 09:41 PM

I may be able to help in setting up the website. Let me know when you have some more ideas on what you'd like on the site. I can definitely host it. I used to design websites before i fell into this whole poker thing...hence the handle.
Old 07-18-2005, 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
does he need to get licensed or anything like that if all he's going to do is teach, not make recommendations?

[/ QUOTE ]

and there's the gray line
eventually, if a strategy is discussed or something similiar to this nature, then yes. it doesn't even have to involve tips individual products.
Old 07-18-2005, 09:53 PM

If you could set up a web page that would be great! Just let me know what you would need from me
Old 07-18-2005, 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I may be able to help in setting up the website. Let me know when you have some more ideas on what you'd like on the site. I can definitely host it. I used to design websites before i fell into this whole poker thing...hence the handle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, here's where you're crossing the line A+. I seriously don't think you want your name on the web associated with this at this point in your career. Emails are one thing, but a public forum is another.
Old 07-18-2005, 11:44 PM

Whatever the case, I'd once again recommend that each poster who is serious about investing seek out an individual professional in their area.
Old 07-18-2005, 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Whatever the case, I'd once again recommend that each poster who is serious about investing seek out an individual professional in their area.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you kidding me? This is unfortunately not generally a good idea, IMO. Unless someone's got $100k plus, I don't think they have a very good chance at finding someone who isn't interested more in the single payday at investing their money, and moving on. I have a very biased view of my industry, and most of them are just salesmen/women rather than real advisors.

In principle, I agree with your statement, but I just don't think it's applicable. Furthermore, I think it's to each of these guys benefit to make some mistakes. Doing my job is difficult, and the sooner people realize it's difficulty, the better client they become when they are older.

Scuba
Old 07-19-2005, 06:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a very biased view of my industry, and most of them are just salesmen/women rather than real advisors.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, not the people I work with. 90% of them are very professional and give excellent advice.

Just get a referral from somebody you know that has a good experience.

Being in the industry, I can't believe you'd recommend that people do things on their own. Literally 95% of people I meet are making serious mistakes that will cost them 6 figures over 20+ years.
Old 07-19-2005, 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

This is very true. But if it were from me, because of my licenses, you could also sue me. Thus, I am very particular to whom I give advice to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who is actually going to go down to the courtroom and say they want to sue a guy they met on the internet named "Scuba Chuck", because he told them to buy coastal property in Arizona?

I can just see the look on the clerks face now.

Maybe there is an non-lianility or release form that A_PLUS can work up to have folks agree to beforehand?

And on a personal note, those rules seem back asswards....I would openly welcome free advice from a guy like Scuba as a professional in his industry, and if it doesn't work out, it'd be my own damn fault for following advice of an anonymous guy named "scuba chuck" on the internet, and sueing would be ridiculous.
Old 07-19-2005, 11:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Who is actually going to go down to the courtroom and say they want to sue a guy they met on the internet named "Scuba Chuck", because he told them to buy coastal property in Arizona?

I can just see the look on the clerks face now.

[/ QUOTE ]

The same people who sue McDonald's for not telling them their coffee is hot. The fact of the matter is there are people that are always looking for a way to take your money. I don't think it's wise to think that a bunch of strangers have your best interests at heart and not their own.

Sure, most won't sue. But it only takes one to ruin your life.