Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 12:55 PM

Default Re: Split the NL forums again?

[ QUOTE ]
I count 75 active threads in SSNL during the past 24 hours. IMO, that is overcrowded. That is one of the reasons I proposed making Mid Stakes 1/2 - 3/6 instead of 2/4 - 5/10.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been reading the MH forum almost exclusively for the past several months due to overcrowding in the ssforum. Soah has clearly described a better format proposal. It is not going to adversely affect high stakes players so why do you even care?

Yesterday I went to the small stakes forum for the first time in a while. My sole purpose was to identify people far below my level by their post titles and put them on ignore so the forum would not seem like an overcrowded cluster f*** to me. After about a 1/2 dozen I got tired and considered it a waste of time.

Maybe if there were a hundred posters posting 1/2 hands in this forum and creating a cluster f*** by doing so you would feel the need. Easy for you to say since your getting your needs met adequately in this forum.
Old 11-28-2005, 01:11 PM

if that is the case why not split SSNL into micro and small? I just don't think MHNL needs to be split.
Old 11-28-2005, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think 2-4 to 5-10 should be midstakes and 10/20+ highstakes

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-28-2005, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the only reason to split is if the forum is overcrowded, or if there is a ton of posts that don't belong. I think at least one of these things are true.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Many mid-limit threads are effectively ignored (or outright ridiculed) by some of the more respected high-limit players. IMO, this qualifies as "don't belong."
Old 11-28-2005, 02:32 PM

I think another forum WOULD be beneficial for MHNL, because there are only two.

Tex
Old 11-28-2005, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think 2-4 to 5-10 should be midstakes and 10/20+ highstakes

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with this, right now SSNL is overcrowded and there is no good place for 2-4 and 3-6 posts. i dont understand why the limit section needs 6 forums, that definitely seems overkill to me though.
Old 11-28-2005, 02:57 PM

They need more room for more mods. Big egos over there.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if that is the case why not split SSNL into micro and small? I just don't think MHNL needs to be split.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't care what they are called. I chose to post here instead of in SSNL simply because I'd seen this topic brought up a few times in the MHNL forum but not in SSNL, and because I assumed that most of the people that would be interested in this thread would see it here (this btw is also related to the fact that SSNL is overcrowded and threads get lost pretty quickly...)

Right now 3/6 and up is supposed to be MH, 2/4 and below is SS, and 2/5 is completely lost. If the third forum is targetted at the 1/2 - 3/6 range then only the 3/6 posts would be removed from this forum. And there really are very few 3/6 hands posted here anyway.

And just as another random thought, the guidelines I suggested would work well for online games, but they'd have to be adjusted for live games. Live 1/2 would certainly be Small Stakes, and live 5/10 with a crappy capped buy-in would not be High Stakes.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:22 PM

Another vote for split em. Every argument I'd make has been made more eloquently by someone else, but briefly:

- I'm in favor because I think the forum I would learn most from and have the most to contribute to would be a 2/4-5/10 forum. Many of the hands that make me think at these stakes are standard to 10/20 players. The players that are hard for me to beat are easy to beat for 10/20 players. I bet there are a lot of others like me who lurk this forum but shy away from joining discussions.

So I vote:

Low Stakes - Less than 2/4
Middle Stakes - 2/4 to 5/10
High Stakes - 10/20 and above

This split would have people jumping forums at levels where they are doubling stakes (1/2 ---> 2/4 and 5/10 ----> 10/20 are bigger jumps than the two jumps in between)
Old 11-28-2005, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I personally like having all of the crowding... it's not like splitting up the forum would encourage me to read/reply to more posts, it would probably discourage me since I don't like hopping around between sub-forums.

I like to be able to pick and choose between the posts that I see. The way I see it, it's like a shotgun -- some of the shots will hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think that's a double edged sword. the overcrowding is great for exposure to your post, however i always get GARBAGE replies like "fold preflop" or commenting on a situation that does NOT exist due to misreading of the action (them thinking there are players left behind to act when there aren't).
Closed Thread