Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Early (rounds 1 and 2) in STT's should one play very tight or limp into several pots?
Always play tight early 17 56.67%
Play a few drawing hands in LP 12 40.00%
Limp in a lot & hope for a nice flop 1 3.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-12-2005, 11:22 PM

Default Re: Bong, pipe, joints, or one hitter.

[ QUOTE ]
I laugh at you silly Americans, who worry about "wasting" the weed. Why

Move to a country (like mine) where I can get the kind of stuff that actually gets you high (I've tried American crap) for $150 USD an ounce, well, it's easy to see why joint is the best play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Word. If you're gonna smoke (which I do not condone) joints are the way forward. Get some skunk, skin up, get mashed.
Old 10-12-2005, 11:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Gravity Bong.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-12-2005, 11:47 PM

Bucket bong

This can also be referred to as a gravity bong. See differences and clarifications.

A bucket bong (or bucket ripper - a bucket rip is a bong hit from this device) is constructed out of a medium sized bucket filled with water, a two-liter bottle, a bowl, and stem. Anything that can be filled with water and is slightly taller than a two liter bottle can replace the bucket. The device is built by first cutting the bottom off the two-liter bottle (leave as much length as possible). This forms a large dome, with nearly a two-liter capacity.

Next a hole is cut in the bottle cap and the stem is fed through. The bottle cap is left off for now. The plastic bottle is placed in the bucket with the large hole going in first, then submerged until the water is nearly level with the hole at the top of the bottle. This reduces the gas content of the chamber to nearly zero.

Next the user screws the cap with the bowl onto the plastic bottle, inserts the desired smoking material, lights their lighter, holds the flame to the bowl, and slowly lifts up on the plastic bottle. The user is now creating a large vacuum in the chamber and atmosphere is entering through the bowl and stem. This pulls the heat of the flame with it and ignites the material.

As the user lifts up extremely dense smoke will fill the chamber; the slower the user lifts the denser the smoke will be. This smoke can become so dense that it becomes dark yellow. The user must stop lifting before the bottom of the bottle comes out of the water. Once the height is sufficient the user is ready to inhale the smoke.

The operator unscrews the cap, places their mouth over the opening on top and pushes down on the bottle. The available area is once again decreased, the smoke is forced out the hole at the top, and the user inhales the smoke into their lungs.
[

Waterfall bong

This can also be referred to as a gravity bong. See differences and clarifications.

Similar in design to the bucket bong is the waterfall bong. A waterfall bong usually consists of a plastic bottle with a hole punched at the bottom and a removable bottle cap with a bowl in it. The bottle cap is removed, the hole is covered by a finger, the vessel is filled with water, then while holding a flame to the bowl, the finger is removed. Gravity causes the water to flow out creating a vacuum inside the chamber and smoke begins to flow into the chamber; see the section on the bucket bong for a more detailed description of this process. When all the water has run out the user removes the bottle cap, places their mouth over the opening at the top of the bottle, and inhales the contents.the smoke isn't cooled at all making this bong not one for people who like to savour their weed.

The waterfall bong is sometimes referred to as a sobe bong, since the notch near the bottom of a glass SoBe drink bottle can easily be punched out to make a waterfall bong.

fwiw, i prefer the waterfall. if i was made of money, i would just have blunts around all the time, theyre my favorite, but are very costly (the way i like my blunt is like 20 dollars worth of weed.... not exactly a reasonable figure.)
Old 10-12-2005, 11:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like to use this... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wooow, that's pretty. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 10-13-2005, 12:09 AM

Glass Pipe
Old 10-13-2005, 02:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Bong
cons - seems to be smellier - leaves more odor

[/ QUOTE ]
This is just wrong.
Old 10-13-2005, 02:37 AM

My conclusion:

Wow. People really, really like weed.
Old 10-13-2005, 03:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I laugh at you silly Americans, who worry about "wasting" the weed. Why

Move to a country (like mine) where I can get the kind of stuff that actually gets you high (I've tried American crap) for $150 USD an ounce, well, it's easy to see why joint is the best play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Word. If you're gonna smoke (which I do not condone) joints are the way forward. Get some skunk, skin up, get mashed.

[/ QUOTE ]

No wonder the weed you got here was [censored]. If you only had to pay $150 for an entire ounce, it must of been absolute [censored].
Old 10-13-2005, 03:18 AM

I'm a pipe man.

Quick, easy, simple, less waste than a joint, and easily concealable.
Old 10-13-2005, 04:56 AM

no more so then alcohol or the way Rush Limbaugh enjoys a good cuban cigar.

I believe our country's policy on hemp and cannibas are throwbacks to the days of Jim Crow and Prohibition. Even that first comment in the thread about being careful cause the stuff is stronger....well, we've been lied to for 50 years about marijuana, so why would I believe what the government is telling me now about it?

So I have no moral quandry with it - esp. since I used it to quit drinking - I may have robbed Peter to pay Paul, but Paul and his family were starving to death and Peter had millions at his disposal.

Everyone who posted here really should read this article

My favorite quote - shortly after some laws were enacted in the late 30's - the drug czar testifies before congress about why he needs more agents....

--------------------------------
"Because there are people out there violating the marijuana laws."

Well, you know what the Senators asked -- "Who?"

And in a moment that every Government employee should avoid like the plague, Anslinger first said, "Musicians." But then he looked up at that Senate committee and he gave them a little piece of his heart and said the single line which provoked the most response in this country's history about the non-medical use of drugs. Anslinger said, "And I don't mean good musicians, I mean jazz musicians."

------------------

Truth is, you want to know why Marijuana is considered dangerous and illegal today? - two reasons -

1. - it was a tax law like all drugs of the 30's but not a criminal possession charge. This was done because a large number of minorities used it - it was, in effect, racial discrimination.

2. - the first criminal code making it illegal was passed by the Mormon Church in Utah in the mid 1900's - when they were writing every religious prohibition into law -

RB