Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2005, 08:01 AM

Default Re: WHAT IS THE STUPIDIEST THING SOMEONE HAS SAID TO YOU WHILE PLAYING

[ QUOTE ]
To be honest, that "someone" is not very bright either.

[/ QUOTE ]
What he was getting at is that... you judge quality of starting cards by just that.. their quality. A 2/6 is not a quality hand as a "starting" hand.. so by the guy saying his "starting hand" quality is determined by a flop is stupid. He's basically saying "I'm going to judge how good my cards are before the flop by how good they are after the flop". By definition... "AK" is clearly a better "starting" hand than 3/7.
Old 08-21-2005, 01:57 AM

Playing at the final table of a live tourney. I raise, guy moves all-in on me. I have AK and call. We turn up our cards and he says. "Yes!, I was right. I put you on 2 overs." Flop an A and tell him GG.
Old 08-21-2005, 09:40 PM

"You can't fold before the flop because you never know what will come."

hahaha ive said this many times, its funnier when people agree
Old 08-21-2005, 11:47 PM

I once limped in with AA. After I won the pot a guy says to me "You were supposed to raise with AA"
Old 08-22-2005, 12:01 AM

Party 5/10 Shorthanded

"The Buffalo Bills are going to win the Superbowl this year."
Old 08-22-2005, 10:34 AM

Default Re: WHAT IS THE STUPIDIEST THING SOMEONE HAS SAID TO YOU WHILE PLAYING?

In a Party SnG, I called someone's all-in bet with my KK and won a showdown against the pusher's QQ. Another player at the table then typed: "You are lucky he didn't flop a Queen."
Old 08-22-2005, 11:50 AM

Not the stupidest thing, but the most recent stupid thing:

Late in a NL MTT, I was holding QQ in early position and made a good sized bet and only got one caller. The flop comes Qxx rainbow. I check, he bets, I go all-in and he calls, showing AK suited. Of course, the turn and river complete his runner-runner flush and he knocks me out of the tourney.

As I'm leaving the table, one of the other players types "wow", and villain types back "WHAT DO YOU MEAN 'WOW'? THE BETTER HAND WON, IDIOT".

Sigh.
Old 08-22-2005, 12:07 PM

Another comment that I see fairly regularly in Omaha Hi/Lo: "Why didn't I win Lo?" when they aren't holding the low hand (but think they are because they don't understand the rules), and people that come right out and ask "What is lowest possible hand", or "How do you play this game" when they sit down to play Omaha H/L. You'd think that people would take the time to learn the rules before spending real money on the game...let alone learning strategy, starting hands, etc...

That being said, I'm always very quick to explain the rules to these players (but no strategy, of course). It keeps them at the table until their money is gone, as opposed to leaving to go learn the rules on their own. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-22-2005, 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You'd think that people would take the time to learn the rules before spending real money on the game...let alone learning strategy, starting hands, etc...

[/ QUOTE ]

No kidding. These guys are a goldmine in triple draw; every once in a while somebody shows up who takes half an hour or more to figure out it's lowball.
Old 08-22-2005, 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You'd think that people would take the time to learn the rules before spending real money on the game...let alone learning strategy, starting hands, etc...

[/ QUOTE ]

No kidding. These guys are a goldmine in triple draw; every once in a while somebody shows up who takes half an hour or more to figure out it's lowball.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...in O/8 we get all of the HE refugees...and they play O/8 as if it is "four card HE". So they'll raise pre-flop with hands like AAKK (or better yet, AAAK), will continue chasing high with no chance at low, etc... It's obvious that they didn't spend one second looking at any information regarding O/8 starting hands or strategy before sitting down to play. At least 50% of my winnings each week come from these guys. I stopped playing HE to focus on O/8 once I realized how many of my opponents were totally clueless.