Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2005, 03:46 PM

Default Re: LOST (spoilers)

Thats funny I was just in the process of starting a group called "Lost fans who hate Lost but still watch it every week".

I'm sure I could probably get atleast 100,00 other people in my boat.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:01 PM

My group is smarter and more smug.

Our only problem is that you are in yours, and Evan is in ours, so you're much bigger than we are. We'll outlast you in a battle of wits though.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you missed a lot of what is key in this epp. It seems like rather than just watching, you're coming in with odd expectations that are preventing you from enjoying the show.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still don't see what I really "missed." The mole angle was the only portion of the episode that did not exactly conform to my preconceptions in every way, and I found that irritating for reasons already listed.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My group is smarter

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't know you guys had Clayton.

You win I admit. Pretty hard to top the intelligence in your group.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
WHY WOULD YOU INTERROGATE THE GUY YOU KNOW IS THE MOLE ALONE?

[/ QUOTE ]

because if she told the group that goodwin was actually the mole and they should confront him then they would know she made the critical mistake of wrongfully putting the canadian in the pit and she would lose leadership over the group.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think maybe she didn't make the realization for sure that he was one of The Others until they were up there alone. I think she started to piece it all together then.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im with nolanfan here. I think the knife was what finally confirmed it for her. She said something about it being a US army knife, and he said something like how can you tell. Earlier in the episode he told her he was in the peace corps. You'd think someone in the peace corps would have known it was a US army issue knife.

rJ
Old 11-17-2005, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im with nolanfan here. I think the knife was what finally confirmed it for her. She said something about it being a US army knife, and he said something like how can you tell. Earlier in the episode he told her he was in the peace corps. You'd think someone in the peace corps would have known it was a US army issue knife.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree she had her suspicions confirmed while she was out alone w/ him. why not play dumb and go back to the group and confront him there? because she values her leadership and pride more than her own safety.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i agree she had her suspicions confirmed while she was out alone w/ him. why not play dumb and go back w/ the group? because she values her leadership and pride more than her own safety.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been convinced on the "pieced it together on the fly" interpretation, but Jesus Christ is she dumb. Not just momentary safety - INFORMATION that could save all their lives, and she just pisses it away.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What a staggeringly uninformative episode.

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

[ QUOTE ]
Will somebody please kill Michelle Rodriguez?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

To elaborate further on my thoughts re: The Other 48 Days... I like the episode conceptually and in execution. I just think it would have worked much better an episode or two ago. I'd have to rewatch to decide exactly where I'd think it would fit best, but yeah. It came a little late for my tastes.

That, and ending an episode with Shannon getting shot in the gut, only to follow up with this, is frustrating for the viewer. It's one thing when they were bouncing between the raft and the hatch, essentially ignoring the raftaways for the first couple eps--at least the hatch was what could be considered "timely." The Other 48 Days could have been easily bumped back an episode, and I think fans would have developed less Ana Lucia hate if they'd seen this sooner.

Re: Ana Lucia -- MR is attractive (although her face is a bit masculine for my tastes), but a really bad actress 95% of the time. She had a few moments in this episode that gave me hope she'll get better if they stop writing her as a cliched badass, so there's that.

Re: Pace of the show -- I'm fine with the pace of the show. I'm just concerned about things getting wrapped up in a satisfying-yet-uncontrived manner. JJ has already shown an affinity for getting lost in his own mythos (ala X-Files) in Alias. That show was brilliant for 2 seasons, and then the third season went STRRRRRRRRRRRRAIGHT in the toilet. I'll eventually watch seasons 4 and 5, but as far as I'm concerned, Alias should have been so much better. They got lost and didn't know what they were doing with the Rambaldi prophecy, and just started throwing stuff to the wall hoping it'd stick. So I'm less than confident in his abilities to keep Lost's mythos cohesive. We'll see.

In other news, I think I like the "main" characters more than most fans do. While I don't think we need more Jack/Kate/Locke flashbacks, I do miss them as a central presence with the island story. And this is after, what? 2 or 3 episodes? Hope the raft/tailaways get back to main camp soon so we see the main lostaways again.

Also: Bye Shannon. Since I don't have a thing for Claire/Sun/AnaLucia, and Kate gets on the nerves a fair amount more than you did, you were a source of bearable hotness on Craphole Island. You will be somewhat missed.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Since I don't have a thing for AnaLucia,

[/ QUOTE ]

I was not aware I shared a room with a gay!!

SHE'S SO HOT. OMG THE JEANS.

(but Shannon was hot too).

kipin- it seems like you are in grave danger of taking me seriously. I am happy that we were able to work in a Clayton insult though!

The most important info in the epp- for Anacado, is that the others had a list of "good" people and were talking folks. Apparently only Walt is "good" from the other group. Interesting...
Old 11-17-2005, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it possible that they were expecting the crash?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm going to be mean and answer: "Duh."

Well, it seems obvious to me anyway, that they used the giant magnets to yank the planes out of the sky, purposefully to bring these people to the island. It's the only way they can plausibly (however remotely) explain the plane ripping in half, crashing, and still have so many people survive from each section; there had to be some kind of external factor controlling the descent.

I'd go one step further and say these specific people were targetted, but any possible explanation of how that could have been accomplsihed is beyond the conspiracy-theory-proposing capabilities of my brain.