Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2005, 03:40 PM

Default Re: 30/60 yearly income

[ QUOTE ]
zeejustin played like 1000 215s 8-tabling and i believe his hourly was 300

[/ QUOTE ]

This is interesting as $300/hr is about the right hourly rate for the 30/60, IMO.
Old 08-20-2005, 03:54 PM

Alot of it too is balancing the money and the enjoyment factor and KEEPING it enjoyable (especially if you're going to count of this for years to come). Personally I generally just play 4 games of 30-60 and some 20-40 or 15-30 games mixed in a few hours a day. Could I do more and earn more money? Very possibly. I just like balance the earn factor and enjoyment. I can chat, watch TV, read email, 2+2, etc while playing. And with so much time not playing, I can spend time with my wife and kids, golf, etc. All this and have it not be stressful at all. I'm sure some can possibly play more tables and do all the above too without being too crazy. (It would be nice to be 25 again [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]) Thats great. But if I wanted to be crazy I'd have just kept my old job.

If one can make a GREAT living at 4 tables or be a bit more stressed out and possibly make ENORMOUS money at 6+ tables or so, which is for you? Its just a personal prefernce. At this stage of my life I'll take the relaxing one with great money. At one point years back I'm certain I would have gone with the latter.

-ActionBob
Old 08-20-2005, 03:58 PM

i pass up a lot of $$ by not playing 30/60 as much as I should, but 8 tabling this game for 40 hours would make me want to kill myself.
Old 08-20-2005, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So this would be an ROI of (i'm estimating here) about 15-20% (depending on how many you avg per hour, 8 seems reasonable to me). From what I understand, this puts one in possibly the top 5% in those games, but not the top percentile.

300/hour if you 8 table the 30 game is probably about an earn rate of 1bb/100 (maybe this is top 15% in the game?)

I've always suspected SNGs were the weak link for a strong cash game player, just a step above MTTs in my mind. anyone disagree?
Old 08-20-2005, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So this would be an ROI of (i'm estimating here) about 15-20% (depending on how many you avg per hour, 8 seems reasonable to me). From what I understand, this puts one in possibly the top 5% in those games, but not the top percentile.

300/hour if you 8 table the 30 game is probably about an earn rate of 1bb/100 (maybe this is top 15% in the game?)

I've always suspected SNGs were the weak link for a strong cash game player, just a step above MTTs in my mind. anyone disagree?

[/ QUOTE ]

15-20% 8 tabling 215s is definitely top 1%, maybe even top .5%. just not that many people can do it for the long run. sure, some people will go on a 2 week heater of 1k sngs, but it wont last. holla
Old 08-20-2005, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is it that easy to do? Game selection is limited (8 tabling?), variance is much higher, and you run the risk of having bad things happen, like losing months... yucky.

[/ QUOTE ]

8 tabling at 1bb/100 for 30 hours a week you wont have a losing month. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck finding 8 high limit games and then beating them for 1BB, since many will be running 3 handed on sites with very fast software like UB and Stars. You'll be misclicking your way to the poorhouse in no time flat. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Also, what the heck does holla mean?

Nigel
Old 08-20-2005, 05:07 PM

I think you are underestimating the win rates at the 30. There are definitely many 2BB/100 winners in that game. My $300 estimate was based on 4 tabling.
Old 08-20-2005, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is it that easy to do? Game selection is limited (8 tabling?), variance is much higher, and you run the risk of having bad things happen, like losing months... yucky.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck finding 8 high limit games and then beating them for 1BB, since many will be running 3 handed on sites with very fast software like UB and Stars. You'll be misclicking your way to the poorhouse in no time flat. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Nigel

[/ QUOTE ]

my point wasnt that everyone can do it and its easy. my point was, that at 1bb/100 hand 8 tabling for 30 hours, you will not have a losing month. basically, my point was exactly what i said. 1bb/100 counts the fact that some tables will get short.

holla is my sig. dont really know nor care what it means, but it makes some people pissed for no reason, which i find quite entertaining.

holla
Old 08-20-2005, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

a lot of the better online mtters say 300-400% roi is doable in mtts. i have no idea if that is true, and i highly doubt they do either, as the long term in mtts is about 3015802952859238052 years.

its clearly no contest on what can be more profitable, sngs or cash games. its clearly cash games. in a sng, your edge can only be so great once the other players adjust to the blind structure. basically, at some point, at the highest level, no one will beat the rake.

if you take the 10 best CASH game players in the world and sit them down together, they can mix it up enough to have an edge on the other players. some will actually even beat the game long term. in the step 5s, you need a roll of at least 50k, and thats a bit on the short side. for a similar cash game, say, 50-100, you need a similar amount to be really comfortable. sure, you could get away with less, but once u hit 250 bb downswing, yer not going to be too happy. anyways, in that step 5, maybe 1 or 2% of the best players are going to beat 10% roi. in the 50-100 game, there are going to be enough players donking it up that maybe 5% or more will beat 1bb/100. from those rough estimations, we can see that cash games, once reaching the higher limits, can be much more profitable. (feel free to flame if im wrong, but i think those estimates are fairly accurate). holla
Old 08-20-2005, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nigel

[/ QUOTE ]

my point wasnt that everyone can do it and its easy. my point was, that at 1bb/100 hand 8 tabling for 30 hours, you will not have a losing month. basically, my point was exactly what i said. 1bb/100 counts the fact that some tables will get short.

holla is my sig. dont really know nor care what it means, but it makes some people pissed for no reason, which i find quite entertaining.

holla

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, but you missed my point. You probably can't find 8 high limit games to play online at any given time for 30 hours+/week. Let alone if you can find 8 you probably physically can't play 8 at once because of the speed of the games ultra-short, and you will not earn 1BB/100.

You will most likely have losing months.