Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2005, 01:21 AM

Default Re: The worst city in America with a major sports franchise...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
San Antonio > Dallas

[/ QUOTE ]
you are out of your mind, half the people in san antonio are illegal for one and i could go on for days...

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf?

Dude, I live in California. I don't even notice crap like that.

I can understand why Steve digs Dallas. Almost all of the fun places there are gay.

Just check the 'city search' sites. Dallas blows.
Old 08-05-2005, 01:25 AM

"Detroit is the best sports town in America. It blows away New York, Chicago, Boston and Philadelphia."
- Espn.com

As for being a shitty sports city, there are only a handful of cities that have the 4 major sports, with Detroit being one of them. The Red Wings, Pistons, and Tigers all have multiple championships, and i'm pretty sure we haven't had a major pro team leave Detroit in quite some time.
Old 08-05-2005, 01:29 AM

As for worst city, Salt Lake City has to be up there.
Old 08-05-2005, 01:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wtf?

Dude, I live in California. I don't even notice crap like that.

I can understand why Steve digs Dallas. Almost all of the fun places there are gay.

Just check the 'city search' sites. Dallas blows.

[/ QUOTE ]
dude, you need to learn to only speak when you know what you are talking about then. its funny how a site search on the internet gives you knowledge enough to make claims. i have lived everywhere bro and dallas has some of the best women and places to go and i will put the women up with anywhere except for maybe scottsdale, az.
Old 08-05-2005, 01:36 AM

I have lived in Texas all of my 25 years...living in Dallas now...

I love my Houston sports teams, being originally from there...but let me just say:

HOUSTON BLOWS!!! Imagine living in a high school locker room, complete with the smell, and you'll have it nailed. The traffic alone should be grounds for justifiable homicide.

That said, I can't imagine Houston is worse than the following: Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Buffalo. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-05-2005, 01:40 AM

*sigh* I have been all over Texas many times. Have traveled it extensively on business; even to metropoli like San Angelo and Del Rio. I like Bonedaddy's House of Smoke in Dallas but that's about it. I'll take the Riverwalk over Dallas any day.

Austin blows both away anyway, it just doesn't have a major sports franchise.
Old 08-05-2005, 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I gotta defend Buffalo here.
I would say Detroit and St. Louis are worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

Detroit and St. Louis are great sports towns.

[/ QUOTE ]

That may be true, but I believe the OP's question refers to places to live. If I recall correctly, Detroit and St. Louis are the only cities losing population at a faster rate than Buffalo.
BTW, Buffalo is a great sports town too, but that doesn't make it a great place to live.
Old 08-05-2005, 02:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
*sigh* I have been all over Texas many times. Have traveled it extensively on business; even to metropoli like San Angelo and Del Rio. I like Bonedaddy's House of Smoke in Dallas but that's about it. I'll take the Riverwalk over Dallas any day.

Austin blows both away anyway, it just doesn't have a major sports franchise.

[/ QUOTE ]
you are comparing 6th street/riverwalk/and dallas' greenville/deep ellum area i guess. i am comparing the entire city not just what strip is coolest or BIGGEST. that is the difference between these cities, i go to austin in the offseason almost religiously to see my friends and the conversation goes as follows everytime :

me: "where are we going tonight?"
friends: "6th street."
me: "we always go there, is there any other culture out here other than pete's piano bar and the aquarium?"
friends: "not really, austin pretty much sucks...good thing 6th street saves its ass."

likewise for san antone, don't get me wrong both cities have their qualities but dallas has more than just greenville to go hang out, it's really no comparison. this is why dallas is better for a franchise b/c there are more options, this is also why it has 4 professional sports teams and austin has 0 and san antonio 1.

oh and i feel sorry for your trips to san angelo and del rio, ouch talking about taking one for the team. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-05-2005, 02:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
HOUSTON BLOWS!!! Imagine living in a high school locker room, complete with the smell, and you'll have it nailed. The traffic alone should be grounds for justifiable homicide.

[/ QUOTE ]
this is almost my mother's exact description of houston, she was born and raised there and has never regretted leaving.

i like houston though, there is tons of stuff to do...if only you can get there through the traffic [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-05-2005, 02:18 AM

lol. There is a restaurant in San Angelo, can't remember the name but it used to be the main whorehouse for soldiers stationed at the fort. Pretty good food.

Edit: I enjoy the bat-watching in Austin also. Hooked up with a Northwest Airlines flight attendant while doing that once. Good times [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]