Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2005, 10:01 PM

Default Re: Getting desperate for help

Someone mentioned that you should start writing again. I'm not a huge fan of all the challenge stuff, but maybe it would inspire you a little and give you some extra motivation to keep your head on straight. It would also get you posting some hands and I bet you'll get some good feedback. We've played a lot of hands together, I'm sure you are still playing winning poker even if it isnt your A game. Hang in there. At least now you'll get to find out how strong you are. I'd be happy to watch you play some poker if you ever want another opinion.

BTW if this is an April fools joke you're a sick bastard.
Old 04-01-2005, 10:19 PM

Default Re: No Joke

[ QUOTE ]

I really think my problems are post flop though.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And you make some very bad cold-calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

If that is still the case in David's game, I am not at all surprised by this post. - El Diablo

[/ QUOTE ]

I think someone is in denial.
Old 04-01-2005, 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hand 1

hand 2

hand 3

[/ QUOTE ]

These are hands that I pulled out of a set that David sent me.

Getting to a concensus on each of these situations may help David.
Old 04-02-2005, 01:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but posting a couple or dozens of hands isn't going to do it, because I'm not sure where to look anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

what are you talking about? just post hands you play it is simple. as everyone says this is a good idea and will help you a lot.
Old 04-02-2005, 01:33 AM

davidross, this downturn is obviously you playing bad not bad luck. when playing bad for a long time you are in a haze of badness and don't even realize what you're doing bad. why didn't you adress this problem earlier? again, you need to start posting hands. if you haven't read the archives do that. when you aren't playing think about your hands too try and get better as a player or you will get worse. a lot of good posts in this thread that are spot on IMO. if you are smart with all these good 2+2ers posting in this thread and offering you their help in the mid high forum you cannot fail to win.
Old 04-02-2005, 05:08 AM

I wish I could give you specific advice, but I'm not qualified. I suggest a couple of general things, one very easy, one very difficult:

1-Change IDs inmediately and STOP all the piranhas biting at your bankroll. Change to another skin too!. Rotate IDs every so often.

2-Find a player that you know for sure to be better than you, and that is willing to do the tedious job of reviewing 10-20K hands of your worst periods, and that will also feed back you honest advice, i.e. someone you somehow trust and that CAN PLAY BETTER. Be willing to pay enough for it. (If you find this coach, plese PM me. I've got a job for him too!).

IMO, you, I or anyone else that plays a lot, are too deep in your own thoughts and ways to do things differently or to see what's obviously wrong to a qualified third party.

I hope you can do this before you suffer any permanent damage to your BR.
Old 04-02-2005, 06:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm cold calling now only with pairs that I think have a chance of seeing a flop 4 ways or better

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll put money on this is still a leak as you used to use this excuse to coldcall QJs UTG+1 on the worst tables. Although if i'm coldcalling with 77 88 99 i don't really care if i get a 4 way flop.
Old 04-02-2005, 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm cold calling now only with pairs that I think have a chance of seeing a flop 4 ways or better

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll put money on this is still a leak as you used to use this excuse to coldcall QJs UTG+1 on the worst tables. Although if i'm coldcalling with 77 88 99 i don't really care if i get a 4 way flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

love it! i just recently (past month or two) learned the fantastic play of cold calling these pairs after a not too tight raiser and another caller. im totally impartial about whether i get tons of people, or everybody folds leavnig us three...if its just us 3 im pretty sure i got the best hand, and i have position. if its many ways to the flop, im likely looking for a set or a 255 kinda flop. i used to 3 bet or even fold 77 there...99 i do occasionally 3 bet if its almost 100% the initial raiser doesn't have a better hand (loose agro) and the cold caller blows...i want those guys to myself w/99

-Barron
Old 04-02-2005, 03:19 PM

Agree - 99 is not a hand you really want lots of opponents with as it can win on the flop without help if villains miss. More villans = more hits. Yes, you win big if you get the set but the chance of overcards hitting is great. 88 is the borderline for me to want fewer/greater players. 66/77 I want lots of callers. 99/TT I don't. 88 I really don't know [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] <font color="orange"> anyone help me here...?</font>
Old 04-02-2005, 05:07 PM

How have you not dropped down and played lower stakes yet? Go play $5/10 for a month, kill the game, and get your confidence back.