Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2005, 11:59 AM

Default Re: Best Album of 2005 So Far

i LOVE music man. i think you are reading me totally wrong. if you can honestly tell me that these types of threads are not conducive to name dropping obscure bands, i don't know what to tell you.

i have NO PROBLEM WITH obscure music!
Old 05-05-2005, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i LOVE music man. i think you are reading me totally wrong. if you can honestly tell me that these types of threads are not conducive to name dropping obscure bands, i don't know what to tell you.

i have NO PROBLEM WITH obscure music!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well hopefully you have read enough of my music posts and know that that's not my style, and I honestly don't think its most of the other guys in here too. I don't question the integrity of SFer, bdk, Jack of Arcades, Lucas, MacDaddy or MMBtone. And the only people im leaving out may just be because I don't know them as well as I know these other guys.

I think you are projecting a stereotype on people and although it occurs and it is annoying, I'd like to think our ootia regulars are above that and are pretty good real dudes.

Whatever, buy the Bloc Party album, its not obscure its on the radio, its better then anything mentioned in this thread.
Old 05-05-2005, 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Weezer - Make Believe (May 10 release date)
NIN - With Teeth (I saw a few others say it too)
Daft Punk - Human After All (If you like this stuff)

[/ QUOTE ]

None of these have even approached the point where they can possibly be considered best album of 2005. All 3 are awfully mediocre, and in fact, all 3 are in contention to be the worst album for that band, ESPECIALLY Make Believe. One of the greater disappointments of the year.
Old 05-05-2005, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, it's their first full length album, and the only reason I know about them is because their lead singer is from a band I like a lot. That said, old band is fairly obscure too.

[/ QUOTE ]

saosin isn't that obscure. i think i like circa survive quite a bit better at this point, but i've heard saosin's new stuff is going to be really good. only time will tell.

juturna is probably my nomination for best so far.

the receiving end of sirens put out a pretty good cd a couple weeks ago...and of course mars volta.