Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2004, 05:51 PM

Default Re: Nonsense

Ahhhhh..... Now I understand you. Another self-hating American.
Old 11-11-2004, 06:02 PM

Default Re: Foul Ball

I think what he is trying to say is that not giving out the entire story, which is what MEMRI might do, is propoganda.

Essentially, even if every single article put on there was written by Arabs and is completely true in and of itself, it would still be propoganda because it does not tell the full story.

This is a propoganda technique known as "Card Stacking." (yeah, I'm kind of assuming you're really stupid now, but I really want to end the argument what I am describing is not propoganda)
Old 11-11-2004, 06:35 PM

Default Re: Nonsense

Based on your posts, I'm a you-hating American.
Old 11-12-2004, 09:43 AM

Default In the morning light

"I want to see you stand in front of a massive batallion, say, the Airborne Rangers, or even just a class of Marines who just got back from Iraq, and loudly accuse them of the following, cut-and-pasted from your post: The U.S. is almost certainly killing civilians in Falluja."

What kind of crap argument is that?

If I stand before ANY army in the world and proclaim that they kill civilians, they will pulverize me, whether they kill civilians indeed or they don't.

Are you learning this kind of debate tactics in the Regression To Kindergarden course? Sounds fascinating.

"My guess is ... you've never even met an Iraqi, let alone seen one grain of sand from Iraq, let alone watched a US soldier kill a civilian."

Does that mean that in order to have an opinion about Iraq one must be there and smell it, taste it, see it and touch it?

Hey, I simply must have an opinion on Jennifer Connelly!

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2004, 03:54 PM

Default Get ready for some LOGIC

If I stand before ANY army in the world and proclaim that they kill civilians, they will pulverize me, whether they kill civilians indeed or they don't.

Assumption: An army would have to believe that killing Iraqi civilians is morally acceptable in order to actively and deliberately kill civilians as a tactic of warfare. Most democratic armies (Israel included) have safeguards for soldiers to refuse to carry out orders they find morally suspect.

If Chris were to proclaim that they kill civilians and they pulverize him, it would necessarily mean that they believe killing civilians is reprehensible. Yet, soldiers do not have to commit an acts they believe are reprehensible (unless there are extraordinary circumstances, i.e. self-defence). Therefore, if he fears he can not safely accuse US soldiers of killing civilians, he is conceding that he knows that they find killing civilians reprehensible, and thus they would not kill civilians unless in self-defence.

Does that mean that in order to have an opinion about Iraq one must be there and smell it, taste it, see it and touch it?

Yes. I'd imagine your opinion of Jennifer Connolly is quite superficial. Maybe you think she looks good, but what do you know about her as a person?

About the same you really know about Israel and Iraq. You've read a book or two, you read the newspaper, but it's much easier to pretend you're knowledgeable to people on this forum who don't understand the true dynamics of Israeli and Arab society and interaction.

I'm reminded of a movie. Perhaps you've seen it.

"That Veronica Vaughn is one fine piece of ass. I know from experience"

"No you don't."

"No, no I don't. But my friend, he and her got. it. on. he he"

"No they didn't."

"No, no they didn't. But you can imagine what it would be like."

"No."
Old 12-01-2004, 03:24 AM

Default Re: US Troops Reportedly Gassing Fallujah

Pig.
Old 12-01-2004, 06:27 AM

Default Re: Get ready for some LOGIC

Gamblor- Are you seriously claiming Iraqi civilians have not been killed? ChrisB made no reference to intent, he simply said they that US soldiers are killing civilians. This is an undisputable fact, whether intentional or not, innocent Iraqi citizens are beng killed every day. And neither one of you knows how much the other one knows about the situation in Iraq, so there is no point in making false accusations about each other's knowledge of the subject. Lets grow up, eh?
Old 12-01-2004, 07:38 AM

Default Re: Get ready for some LOGIC

"About the same you really know about Israel and Iraq. You've read a book or two, you read the newspaper, but it's much easier to pretend you're knowledgeable to people on this forum who don't understand the true dynamics of Israeli and Arab society and interaction."

It's ridiculous to assume you have to experience something directly to be able to comment on it. Firstly, it's impossible to do for everything. Secondly, it's often better to have a little distance from things to be able to judge them properly. Thirdly, many people have direct experience of the conflict and wildly differing views on it from yours, for example.
Old 12-01-2004, 09:16 AM

Default sorry, you and your chicken hawks are the straight jacket types

Poor log cabin Republican. Your fuhrer condemns you to hell.
Old 12-01-2004, 09:44 AM

Default Re: sorry, you and your chicken hawks are the straight jacket types

For arse sake would you stop posting such moronic crap.