Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2005, 06:10 PM

Default Re: Question to you new posters

1) I work in the insurance industry. Fascinating to me, boring beyond words to most. (B.A. in Political Science and Ethics...qualified for...nothing.) However, people do attempt to lie to me frequently, so it's a good background to bring to poker. I'm 30.

2) I decided I wanted to improve my poker, did some research, ordered 3 books from Amazon.com, and, lo and behold, they all had the 2+2 logo on the back cover.
Old 05-05-2005, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm 32, hold a Masters degree in Philosophy, and work for a medical device manufacturer

[/ QUOTE ]

Classic.
Old 05-05-2005, 06:48 PM

I've been around for a few months but never responded to a thread like this, so...

1. I just turned 23, I have a BS in Mechanical Engineering from Montana State University (04). For the past year I've worked in the Utility Industry, although next month I will be starting a new job as a civilian engineer for the Department of Defense, and purchasing my first house.

2. I've been playing poker recreationally for a couple years and seriously for about 6 months. I learned of 2+2 through discussion at another forum.

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 05-05-2005, 06:52 PM

I feel old but it says i've only been reg'd for ~6 wks, so i guess i'll respond

1) 24, '03 college grad, did a year in corporate sales then started a marketing firm with a college buddy. Now semi-retired and looking for new ventures with the company on auto-pilot.

2) I used to incessantly post SNG questions on RGP and finally somebody sent me an email saying that that was about the worst place i could be looking-she gave me a link to come here.

Andre
EDIT: I finally gave in to the 'hot chic avatar' craze [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-05-2005, 07:10 PM

1. I'm 18 and in college
2. I think I found it while searching for advice on sit and go's and I'm sure glad I found this place
Old 05-05-2005, 07:30 PM

Recently retired (Compressed gas industry, hence the name.)

Just surfing, probably Google.

GG
Old 05-05-2005, 07:32 PM

Gotta' wife, kid, a full-time job and a house in the 'burbs.

Heard about the site from another trout after we became friends at work and discovered our mutual interest in poker ... that was about 10 months ago.
Old 05-05-2005, 07:37 PM

1) 28, Married, 1 year old son, owner of a business
management firm.

2) Playboy - not really.

BTW, I'm a tasty salmon right now, hope to become one of the sharks sometime soon.
Old 05-05-2005, 07:40 PM

1) 24. Graduated from Carleton College in '03 majoring in Philosophy. At the moment I work in advertising for Campbell Mithun (top 25 agency) on Verizon Wireless (top 1 wireless phone company). I'm 'The Yugoslavian' b/c I look like Peja (David Schwimmer to Dali, [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]). I used to play chess (at a low level) before poker hooked me. Now I have no life and have been getting the shakes this week as I've sworn off poker for a bit.

2) I'm not really sure how I stumbled onto 2+2, [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]. What I can remember is I was playing limit ring before I read a couple of Eastbay's posts in this forum....that apparently was all it took for me to play STTs and then realize they were a bajillion times more fun...

Yugoslav
Old 05-05-2005, 07:59 PM

1)Im 16, Im chilean and my two passions are poker and sports. Sadly my body is not prepared for sports so I watch them on TV, it was a more than a year ago when I saw Farha playing poker. Since everyone has degress Ill add my FCE ( first certificate on english)with honours from the Cambridge University.
2)You got me here, I dont remember but it was a link from some webpage.