Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 01:58 AM

Default Re: 2+2 NL HU Tournament

if anyone needs to swap money on prima for money on stars i am more than willing to do it, i have about 3k on prima that i need to cash out somehow
Old 11-27-2005, 02:37 AM

pokerroom is definitely the best option IMO.
Old 11-27-2005, 02:50 AM

if a good solution dealing directly with a card room can not be reached, i submit:

-we use someone as an escrow.

-we play at whatever the lowest hu NL stakes available. (provided the blinds are in correct place).

doing these two things will alleviate some of the issues that will suck if we can't get a cardroom to hook us up.

-the rake will not chunk out any significant amount of money

-players will not have to worry about moving any real money over to any sites. the amount of chips they need can simply be transferred over.

someone will have to be in charge of all this to get it going and having it run smoothly.

i offer my own services to run the thing, and have some ideas regarding the structure of the tourney and payouts etc.

if there is enough interest and support, i can draw things out and get started on setting it all up.
Old 11-27-2005, 03:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i duno if anyone brought this up yet, but in the stt forum we recently had a $500 buyin that got 16 people out to vegas for a double elimination HU tourney. was a lot of fun. were doing another one sometime in february, with 32 people. there should be a few spots open, so if anyones interested post up on the stt forum. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

this tourney is for people who play real poker and don't have gay escalating blinds. holla.

[/ QUOTE ]

on the other hand, our tournament actually happened.
Old 11-27-2005, 03:25 AM

let me add that if i am put in charge of running the thing, the buyin will likely be closer to 1k vs 3k.

and most importantly, there will be an actual ultra-sweet trophy involved for the winner.
Old 11-27-2005, 03:27 AM

i'll hold the money
Old 11-27-2005, 03:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if a good solution dealing directly with a card room can not be reached, i submit:

-we use someone as an escrow.

-we play at whatever the lowest hu NL stakes available. (provided the blinds are in correct place).

doing these two things will alleviate some of the issues that will suck if we can't get a cardroom to hook us up.

-the rake will not chunk out any significant amount of money

-players will not have to worry about moving any real money over to any sites. the amount of chips they need can simply be transferred over.

someone will have to be in charge of all this to get it going and having it run smoothly.

i offer my own services to run the thing, and have some ideas regarding the structure of the tourney and payouts etc.

if there is enough interest and support, i can draw things out and get started on setting it all up.

[/ QUOTE ]
this is a good idea. basically it'll just be a $1k-buyin hu tourney, except there will be no escalating blinds. count me in if it goes.
Old 11-27-2005, 03:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i duno if anyone brought this up yet, but in the stt forum we recently had a $500 buyin that got 16 people out to vegas for a double elimination HU tourney. was a lot of fun. were doing another one sometime in february, with 32 people. there should be a few spots open, so if anyones interested post up on the stt forum. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

this tourney is for people who play real poker and don't have gay escalating blinds. holla.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is gay about escalating blinds?

I agree though thats not real poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

im so very confused on why escalating blinds equates to 'fake' poker. ill play ring or tournament, i dont really care, but its still poker. tournaments require a different strategy than cash games. learn to adjust, its really not that hard. really. holla
Old 11-27-2005, 04:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What is gay about escalating blinds?

I agree though thats not real poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

im so very confused on why escalating blinds equates to 'fake' poker. ill play ring or tournament, i dont really care, but its still poker. tournaments require a different strategy than cash games. learn to adjust, its really not that hard. really. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

uh, it is the people who play with escalating blinds who will have trouble adjusting, not the other way around.
Old 11-27-2005, 04:07 AM

raptor, ill nip this so as to not derail a thread.
create a new thread in general holdem on the topic if you would like to discuss it in depth.

the strat is of course different and different skill sets are needed in both. but i think that if you spoke with many players well versed in both fast tourneys and deep cash games, they would tell you that the skills needed for the latter can be much more complicated and in depth.

an analogy: sng fast tourneys = checkers. deep stacked big bet = chess. new thread please. HOLLA LOLOLIMGAYLOL!
Closed Thread