Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2005, 10:34 PM

Default Re: New Thread For Discussion of New Mods

I want to hear a good argument against jason. I think you're really horribly misrepresenting/misunderstanding him if you can't look at the bulk of his posts and see that he's a great poster.

Two great arguments for jason:

1- he teaches, this is HUGE to me, it's one of the reasons why Rob is a great mod. That kind of background is invaluable.

2- he's one of the stronger believers in the value of 2p2 as a community and he works to promote that.

As far as I can tell, the argument against amounts to being upset over some bans that Dynasty made that I think were mostly viewed as overreactions.

WRT astro's beef with TStone, as I think it's similar to mine. It's not that he specifically did that, it's that he's exactly the type of person who does that. I don't think his PM made astro feel any differently than he did before.
Old 11-16-2005, 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
leaving GoT where he is

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd ask Bright about that, just to make sure. I think he's a better candidate for a mid forum.

Rob
Old 11-16-2005, 11:00 PM

Default Re: To all the names mentioned in this thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'll throw out three more names for you guys to kick around. bicyclekick and James282 could be great for Higher limits. For a suggestions forum, there is one guy I respect a lot that I think has continually demonstrated sound reasoning -- the kind a mod should have -- and that is Microbob.

I'm not sure if any other these guys are interested though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, i would be cool with BK or James282 as higher-limits mods, assuming they would even want to do it .

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

james has stated to me and publicly he doesn't want the job but that was for the current mid/high setting. he may be more interested in the new high limit setting.

bk i haven't asked but when i get back ill ask if its not sorted out.

i think they'd both be good, as with steve guifre if he'd want it or paluka or mnay others i can't immediately think of.

Barron
Old 11-16-2005, 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would back Tstone. I don't like Jason_t for the same reason we voted down DMBFan. I think a lot of his posts come off as immature, childish, and whiny. I'm with durron in that attitude is of chief importance.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really think you are basically 100% wrong on jason_t. He's one of the strongest SS posters that always thinks things through well and usually has a ton to share.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would back Tstone. I don't like Jason_t for the same reason we voted down DMBFan. I think a lot of his posts come off as immature, childish, and whiny. I'm with durron in that attitude is of chief importance.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really think you are basically 100% wrong on jason_t. He's one of the strongest SS posters that always thinks things through well and usually has a ton to share.

[/ QUOTE ]

this was my general impression, I just assumed there was something I didn't know about from forums that I don't frequent.

Surf
Old 11-16-2005, 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I will back jason_t if and only if dynasty does.

Edit: I say this because it is more important to me to prevent Moderator infighting than whatever my opinion of jason_t is (it is in fact quite high).
Old 11-16-2005, 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I will back jason_t if and only if dynasty does.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to hear your motives about this. Again, personal issues shouldn't be a factor if the person in question is going to be to the benefit of the forum IMO.

Surf
Old 11-16-2005, 11:39 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

[ QUOTE ]
Your post in Mid-high about not adding the middle limits forum may have led a number of concerned posters to believe that you had somehow been the force preventing it from happening.

[/ QUOTE ]

which post? i don't know what NUMBERS of people we're talking about here either, or why they would think that i have a right of veto when i'm just another moderator.

[ QUOTE ]
While Tstone himself has acknowledged that he would not be the best candidate for moderator, it seems unprofessional at best that you would further oppose someone for personal reasons, rather than the best interests of 2+2 and its specific strategy forums.

[/ QUOTE ]

the sewing circle comment wasn't a personal thing - i was stating that nepotism/homogeneity shouldn't be the ultimate deciding factor in the nomination of candidates. looking at a PM from tstone detailing moderator gripes/private discussion and logging on the next day to see his name thrown into that hat, i don't think i can be faulted for questioning the objective validity of his nomination or wondering who would want a guy that so freely and spitefully gossips.

i like the fact that i barely know a lot of the other mods here because it's more likely that i'll have to re-evaluate and produce reasons for my positions instead of it just coming down to a bunch of friends agreeing. i've expressed concerns about clique moderation of specific forums in this very thread. same reasoning. your suggestion that i'm operating outside of the interests of 2+2 is totally out of line, especially when you're talking about the downgrading of somebody who was already a slam dunk "no" in my book. what a difference that makes.

on the nomination front, jason has stood out to me as a balanced and reasonable guy for some time.

i remember jeff w making quality mid posts (specifically hand history converted ones with actual purpose and reads). anybody have thoughts on him?
Old 11-16-2005, 11:40 PM

I don't think this is a good way to go.

To be blunt, I don't think Dynasty has the backing of a ot of the mods, so if we're going that route, I just don't see it ending pretty. I mean, we're all agreed on Josh, and I'm sure he and Dynasty have similar issues.

Dynasty has nothing to do with SS, and the audience there will welcome and respect jason as a mod.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think this is a good way to go.

To be blunt, I don't think Dynasty has the backing of a ot of the mods, so if we're going that route, I just don't see it ending pretty. I mean, we're all agreed on Josh, and I'm sure he and Dynasty have similar issues.

Dynasty has nothing to do with SS, and the audience there will welcome and respect jason as a mod.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever, I'm not really involved in the limit forums either, so there goes the value of my opinion. But the fact that you (in particular) say that you don't think that Dynasty has the backing of the mods doesn't sound good to me, as he is your co-moderator on WPT. But that isn't even the issue - the issue to me is that *any* moderator stands out as "not getting along" with the rest. The Evan/[censored] fight was bad, but the last thing I want to see is a fight (public or rumored, both are bad) between Dynasty and the limit forums, especially since I like all of you (and jason_t).

I dunno, I'm probably making something out of nothing, but that's how I feel.