Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2005, 03:01 PM

Default Re: EMPIRE 100% to $300 10x 300MATCH

[ QUOTE ]
What I was getting at was that, as far as I could see, having a tight time limit doesn't actually make them more money and may make them less.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry for the snappish response...I had a bad morning.

At least in the limit world there's a cap on rake. I suspect that any given table will hit the rake threshold and the rake cap about the same amount, regardless of how distracted individual players are.

And, in fact, I think the reason Empire is offering this particular bonus so quickly after the PLAYOCT bonus is to see exactly what they can get away with while still catering to whores (so I think this is actually good for us, since it indicates to me that Empire is easing up on their anti-whore policies).
Old 10-18-2005, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i apoligize, but i'm ultra-new to bonii. my question is about the deadline. let's say i deposit 300, but only clear 5500 rh in 10 days. do i lose it all or just $25??

i know this question is stupid and basic, but i have not recieved a response yet from empire about it so i decided to try here.

[/ QUOTE ]don't expect a reply from the dumb indians at EMPIRE it will take them a week just to figure out what you are asking but, yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. Vickie, I'm sure you know this, but "yes" isn't a useful answer to an either/or question.

To the poster, you either clear it all or you get none of it...the same is true for most time-limited bonii you'll find.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:53 PM

Default Re: WHAT A F-ING JOKE!

[ QUOTE ]
EMPIRE HAS TURNED INTO just another scumbag WEBSITE. ITS WORTHLESS AND THEY HAVE FALLEN FROM GRACE, enjoy licking up multi's leftovers, you SCUMBAG WEBSITE!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Bozlax, Chicken Little. Chicken Little, Bozax. Shake hands.
Old 10-18-2005, 04:08 PM

ha! i laughed at that "yes" response too! but thanks a lot for the responses. you saved me a lot of headache and stress if I was to do a full 300. I think i'll do 125, i can handle that. i have to admit that they are being deceptive with their bonus: i realize 15K hands (or whatever 6Krh converts to) is possible in 10 days, but that's a lot of 4-tabling.....

someone new to bonuses like myself could easily fall into this trap and come up short only to get NOTHING>!!

thanks again guys for saving me the time and stress.
Old 10-18-2005, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
someone new to bonuses like myself could easily fall into this trap and come up short only to get NOTHING>!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't think Empire is not happily anticipating this happening to many people.
Old 10-18-2005, 04:57 PM

If I deposit a chunk, will this one work off first or my old one that has to get cleared by friday?

I figure empire will screw me over if I deposit something to clear my old reload and have the monster 20x'er clear first
Old 10-18-2005, 05:50 PM

FYI -
I responded to the email they sent me about the bonus. I politely said that it would be nearly impossible to clear $300 in 10 days, and that even $100 would be difficult. I said that I didn't think 20x in 10 days was competitive with other sites. Here's their response:
[ QUOTE ]
Thank you for contacting customer support.

There will be more promotions in the future that may suit you better, thank you for your views and comments.

If you have any more concerns or suggestions please feel free to contact us.

Best regards,

Julie
Empire Poker
Customer Support Team

[/ QUOTE ]

enjoy
Old 10-18-2005, 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FYI -
I responded to the email they sent me about the bonus. I politely said that it would be nearly impossible to clear $300 in 10 days, and that even $100 would be difficult. I said that I didn't think 20x in 10 days was competitive with other sites.

[/ QUOTE ]

i basically sent the same email. hopefully if enough of us don't take it and email them that it sucks, they will come up with something better.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:38 PM

As much as I hate to admit it, MrMcVicker has a point. This bonus is absolutely not worth it.

Wonder where McVicker recommends? After all, he's the supreme whore of all.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As much as I hate to admit it, MrMcVicker has a point. This bonus is absolutely not worth it.

Wonder where McVicker recommends? After all, he's the supreme whore of all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a SUPREME WHORE?????

Finally someone is giving me the god damn respect I deserve