Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2005, 06:02 PM

Default Re: Ann Coulter is a Stupid Bitch

I haven't read all of the responses in this thread, but I'll give my feelings on the matter.

Ann Coulter, like Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh and the like, hardly strike fear in the hearts of liberals. I've listened to Sean Hannity, Rush and to a lesser extent, Coulter. The issue that liberals most often have with these types is not that we get so offended and defensive and upset when someone disagrees with us as these conservative commentators do (just listen to Sean or Rush and compare it to listening to Al Franken), but because these political pundits, which is all they are, are calling for VIOLENCE against AMERICAN CITIZENS. I can understand hyperbole, I can understand sarcasm, but to call for executions of liberals, even as a joke, on a syndicated talk show is beyond irresponsible.

That, added to the fact that these commentators are so often treated as legitimate media sources, yet are unable to perform even the most basic research is beyond me. That excerpt with the Canadian reporter posted earlier, while, at least in my mind, hilarious, is more indicative of these people's lack of not only journalistic integrity, but common decency.
Old 10-06-2005, 06:03 PM

Default Re: I Hate Ann Coulter

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"I thought her criticism of GWB was one of her better articles."

Yeah, well look what it is competing against. In the land of the blind, the one-eyed article is king.

[/ QUOTE ] Or how about: "Even a broken watch is correct twice a day"?

[/ QUOTE ]My personal preference is "The sun shines on a dog's ass once in a while".

[/ QUOTE ]

"Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn every once in a while."
Old 10-06-2005, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Yeah, well look what it is competing against. In the land of the blind, the one-eyed article is king.

[/ QUOTE ] Or how about: "Even a broken watch is correct twice a day"?

[/ QUOTE ]My personal preference is "The sun shines on a dog's ass once in a while".

[/ QUOTE ]

"Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn every once in a while."

[/ QUOTE ]

"You can walk a blond right-wing losing-her-looks sociopath to water, but you can't make her drink."
Old 10-06-2005, 07:48 PM

Air America is still on the air because of one reason: The largesse of individuals like George Soros. That's it, and that's all. Its ratings in most markets are abysmal, and it has serious problems attracting paying advertisers. If the limosine libs that fund it ever change their mind it will fold like a cheap suit.
Old 10-06-2005, 07:53 PM

Don't forget the Gloria Wise Boys & Girls Club [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-06-2005, 08:18 PM

Default That\'s stupid

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
What the hell is amusing about that?

Your response to it.
Exactly, when Howard Dean or Al Franken makes assinine comments I just smile and hope they keep talking. When Ann lampoons the American Left, their reactions are priceless. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

The secret is that the American Left fears Ann Coulter and feels very threatened by her. If the Amercian Left were truly confident in their beliefs, they would just laugh her off like I laugh at Howard Dean and Al Franken. There is a saying, 'when your dropping bombs and you start hearing screaming', then you know your hitting your target. Ann's bombs are a little too accurate for the American Left.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's nonsense. Ann Coulter strikes a nerve because she's so damn irritating and gets too much press coverage. I think what she says is trash. There are some very intelligent conservatives who have made a challenge to some of my beliefs. She isn't one of them.
Old 10-06-2005, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Air America is still on the air because of one reason: The largesse of individuals like George Soros. That's it, and that's all. Its ratings in most markets are abysmal, and it has serious problems attracting paying advertisers. If the limosine libs that fund it ever change their mind it will fold like a cheap suit.

[/ QUOTE ]

You had me believing that you may have some inside accurate information. But then you said "limosine libs" and I knew you're a Hannitized Factor Dittohead, and you lost all credibility.

Point me to these abysmal ratings (not that I doubt they are low, I just doubt you've actually done any research). In the meantime, know that one of the hosts of Air America beat O'Reilly out of the Denver market.

-ptmusic
Old 10-06-2005, 08:34 PM

Actually, my understanding is that Air America has been floundering, but the insinuation that it's because the views expressed are out of touch with the general populace. The typical talk radio listener is about 65 years old and does not have a college degree. While Air America is near the top of the 18-35 demographic, that demographic makes up such a small portion of the talk radio audience that it isn't reflected in ratings.
Old 10-06-2005, 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You had me believing that you may have some inside accurate information. But then you said "limosine libs" and I knew you're a Hannitized Factor Dittohead, and you lost all credibility.

Point me to these abysmal ratings (not that I doubt they are low, I just doubt you've actually done any research). Also, point out the financial structure of Air America and how it differs from, say The Radio Factor, which I have heard is subsidized the same way in which you have accused Air America.

In the meantime, know that one of the hosts of Air America beat O'Reilly out of the Denver market.

-ptmusic
Old 10-06-2005, 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Or how about: "Even a broken witch is correct twice a day"?

[/ QUOTE ]

My first FYP.