Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2005, 11:14 AM

Default Re: BRONCOS -13 OVER jets

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, I did misread and for that I apologize. I thought you were claiming that there was no value in betting all widely available lines, hence my appalled reaction.
So the argument basically boils down to where it started. You think there's no value in betting LARGE FAVORITES at widely available lines (did I get that right?) and I do. That's all fine, I respect that, if you want to lay off all the large favorites, you're probably not giving up much. But my problem is you seem to think that anyone who doesn't follow you is automatically an idiot. Well I've bet many large favorites, and not just this season, and I dare say that I'm even profitable when doing so. I will concede that maybe it's not always the best bet and you definitely need to pick your spots, but if you continue to insist that large favorites cannot be +EV just because you choose not to bet them, then I'm sorry, but I have to say you are wrong.
With that said, let's end this here. How about you continue to not bet the large favorites and I will continue to look for good opportunities in them and we can still be friends. Hate to have bad blood between a fellow Sox fan. Go Beckett!

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i come across as a douche when i post stuff like the burining money and condescedning remarks. sorry about that [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

i [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] beckett
Old 11-23-2005, 11:50 AM

Default Re: BRONCOS -13 OVER jets

Haha, it's fine. I know you were just trying to stimulate a discussion on the topic. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

How about this, I'll start a thread called "Shamu's Large NFL Favorites picks" and I'll log it everytime I bet on one. And I can go for one season or ten seasons, as long as it takes for you to go "oh, maybe I've been missing out on some profits". Either that or I'll lose so much that there'll be no chance of me breaking even, in which case you can say "see, you idiot, I told you, how come no one ever listens to me!?!?"