Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2005, 03:40 AM

Default Re: Help my kids school!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post10180631

[/ QUOTE ]

Well done, Tony-san. Our kids have a chance. Obviously we need a couple more forums working on this. Those middleborough kids have too many computers to be doing so well. They don't need these laptops.

[/ QUOTE ]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ge=2&pp=15 Tony, u need to safe this:
[ QUOTE ]
I voted.
Have one question though. Why are you in Brooklyn and your sons school in Austin, TX?

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
tonyrocks922
No More Lurking!

[/ QUOTE ]

They feel bad about voting, make them feel good about it again plz

The obvious answer here has to be something along the lines of u living far away from your son and wants to do something good for him [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

EDIT:
this isnt good either
[ QUOTE ]
I didn't see this or notice until after I had gone to the site and voted. I certainly hope this guy is for real...only 2 posts..and yes, I know we were all new at some point. I did this on my computer at work and am now sick thinking I may have opened a link to a virus or something like that. Please assure me its okay

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-08-2005, 04:07 AM

I hope we get on this one quick. However, I can see this working out well for us:

"Hey guys, no cause for alarm [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. Me and Mrs. Tony got divorced 5 years ago. She moved back to her home town and took my son with her. I remarried two years ago, and Shiela and I have been able to take my son Robert to DisneyWorld the last two years (June '05 and June '04). I talk to Robert on Wednesdays and Saturdays, but wish I was more a part of his life. He was very excited when he told me about this contest, so I told him I'd see what I can do. I've talked to my co-workers (I'm an accountant), and then thought of this forum and thought, "what better place than a kids-oriented site to find people to help?" So anyway, no, there is no funny business here. Just trying to help my kid's school win this contest. I mean, in a way it is silly, just a $10K prize, but when I hear how excited Robert is - it's just really cool, and I want to encourage that. I think the best thing about this contest is that it is getting a bunch of kids working together for a cause. So please vote. My son certainly appreciates it, and so do I. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

As for the particulars: The contest runs for another 38 days and has been running since 9/15. You can vote as much as you want, Robert has bragged that his best "session" was 86 out of 100 (everyone has problems with the verification box, so the kids turned it into a game to see who can get the best of 100). Our school is 31st of some 3000, but only the top 5 win the prize package. SO GET OUT AND VOTE!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Link to voting booth"
Old 10-08-2005, 04:09 AM

you sir are good
Old 10-08-2005, 04:10 AM

Bump on a 500, yes, 500 vote entry from about 230 to 4 this morning. One window of votes, one of 2+2, one of work, and one of some new-fangled kind of card game where you can actually bet money on the outcome.

But the key was that I truly believe that they give you a break in these late hours...the thing is a lot faster to process each vote and, as you can see, they put up the easy verification tiles for us.

Look how easy...I don't remember ever seeing ones like these before and I was getting a tonne of em this last session.
Old 10-08-2005, 04:14 AM

Could it be that the difficulty goes up as the teams vote total for the day increases! Truly diabolical I freaking love it!!

The only way to find out for sure is to push our daily vote count to a silly high total like 10K and see how hard they get near the end of the day.

Vote it up
Old 10-08-2005, 04:43 AM

WE'VE MADE IT TO 30th!!! Also we are 3rd on the day, but those damn Middleboroughians have 3x our vote. We need to get more forums involved. Tony did a great job with Disworld, I'm thinking I might set up an account to help that thread along (keep it bumped to page one and type encouragement). We need other forums. Your job OOT is to come up with more forums to infiltrate. Stuey, you hit on a big market for us - Gamers. I'm not sure if we can set up a contest (it'd have to work on the honor system), but we can try to do the same thing in a gaming forum. Those nerds (like us nerds) are capable of sitting in front of a CPU screen for hours and they might take to this contest idea. Also, other sites that have parental-type interest. Parents may not give us the devoted addiction that gamers give us - but it is still a nice market.
Old 10-08-2005, 04:46 AM

29th baby
Old 10-08-2005, 05:16 AM

After another quick session...

I'm going to put a definitive chart together soon, it goes faster once you know those trick ones.
Old 10-08-2005, 05:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
After another quick session...

I'm going to put a definitive chart together soon, it goes faster once you know those trick ones.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent work, Hamish. It is one thing to say, "the lightning bolt is a 4," it is quite another to show a picture of a lightning bolt with an arrow saying "that's a 4!"

On the Disney front: I have created an account and will be supporting our effort over there. But I need Tony to get over there and explain why he's living in Brooklyn while his kid goes to school in Austin. I've replied to the thread as an unmarried father and offered this as a possible explanation, but it'd be nice for Tony to put their fears to rest. We can get this to work for us.
Old 10-08-2005, 07:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post10180631

[/ QUOTE ]

Well done, Tony-san. Our kids have a chance. Obviously we need a couple more forums working on this. Those middleborough kids have too many computers to be doing so well. They don't need these laptops.

[/ QUOTE ]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ge=2&pp=15 Tony, u need to safe this:
[ QUOTE ]
I voted.
Have one question though. Why are you in Brooklyn and your sons school in Austin, TX?

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
tonyrocks922
No More Lurking!

[/ QUOTE ]

They feel bad about voting, make them feel good about it again plz

The obvious answer here has to be something along the lines of u living far away from your son and wants to do something good for him [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

EDIT:
this isnt good either
[ QUOTE ]
I didn't see this or notice until after I had gone to the site and voted. I certainly hope this guy is for real...only 2 posts..and yes, I know we were all new at some point. I did this on my computer at work and am now sick thinking I may have opened a link to a virus or something like that. Please assure me its okay

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bumped so tony sees this.