Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2004, 12:23 AM

Default Re: if you didn\'t hate Annie Duke before you will now

[ QUOTE ]
read katy lederer's book and get back to us. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Can you kind of fill us in? I don't have time to run out and buy it before this thread pages out.
Old 05-26-2004, 03:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I do find it facinating that these top pros do not seem to grasp what doyle said in the qute someone posted, the same mistakes he saw pros doing in the 70's

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree wholeheartedly, if the field is so lame, then I thought one of the definitions of being a pro would be to make a read on that and adjust play accordingly.

If the player is read as being weak or a calling station, and won't lay down, then stop laying bluffs on him, it's something we all have to grasp!!

stoneii
Old 05-26-2004, 04:41 AM

2004, the year the pro's were taken by surprise at the sheer stupidity of the massive field - Give me a break. Nice bluff Annie.
Old 05-26-2004, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wasn't impressed with the interview either, but had this just been another male name pro, nobody would have said a thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

One caveat: I haven't listened to the interview as I can't hear it on my dinosaur PC at work. However, I doubt seriously that she is getting sh!t only because she's a woman. Hellmuth, Varkonyi, Moneymaker, Negreanu and other male players routinely get bashed here (fairly or unfairly).

Not knowing either personally or having any firsthand info, my opinion is just a guess at best. But I'd bet that Annie and Daniel are both weenies.
Old 05-26-2004, 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I wasn't impressed with the interview either, but had this just been another male name pro, nobody would have said a thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

One caveat: I haven't listened to the interview as I can't hear it on my dinosaur PC at work. However, I doubt seriously that she is getting sh!t only because she's a woman. Hellmuth, Varkonyi, Moneymaker, Negreanu and other male players routinely get bashed here (fairly or unfairly).

Not knowing either personally or having any firsthand info, my opinion is just a guess at best. But I'd bet that Annie and Daniel are both weenies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this mean that there is a possibility people here will bash Fossil in the future?
Old 05-26-2004, 01:37 PM

she may have been whiny, but the bottom line is that the last time I checked very few top names were left - a bunch of internet nobodys are still in... like i told you it would be about a million times and no one would listen. poker is a friggin' idiot fest now, a luck contest with a tiny portion of skill for good measure. The variance has gone WAY up, particularly in collosally huge internet fueled tournaments. you either get the hands or you go bust. maybe annie did needlessly bluff into loose calling stations, i am not commenting on that, but basically what she said WAS true, albeit whiny.

al
Old 05-26-2004, 02:06 PM

Location: Wonderful Copenhagen, home of The Feared Danish Mob

you either get the hands or you go bust.

LOL and most of the time, even when you get the hands you're out.

Besides that I agree with you Al, it's a circus.

Anyway, Annie should just stay in her kitchen where she belongs instead of playing poker.

What was the title of that article again? Oh yeah, the woman who broke me....

How does it go? food on the table and welcome on the carpet? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-26-2004, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The variance has gone WAY up

[/ QUOTE ]
This is undeniably true.

[ QUOTE ]
a luck contest with a tiny portion of skill for good measure

[/ QUOTE ]

This is laughable at best.
Old 05-26-2004, 03:14 PM

Three of the remaining 86 player are former champions of the main event. A number of others are well known pros. I'm sure that many of those left that I haven't heard of are fine players.

Even before the recent poker boom and the large influx of internet players there were winners of the big one that were not considered great players (Varkonyi, Furlong, etc.)
Old 05-26-2004, 03:19 PM

Default Occam\'s razor......... the pros just aren\'t that much better

FACE IT! the pros just aren't that much better than the very good new players coming out of the internet poker boom.

stop yer crabbin and learn how to play [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]