Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2005, 10:27 PM

Default Re: 2+2 NL HU Tournament

i duno if anyone brought this up yet, but in the stt forum we recently had a $500 buyin that got 16 people out to vegas for a double elimination HU tourney. was a lot of fun. were doing another one sometime in february, with 32 people. there should be a few spots open, so if anyones interested post up on the stt forum. holla
Old 11-26-2005, 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i duno if anyone brought this up yet, but in the stt forum we recently had a $500 buyin that got 16 people out to vegas for a double elimination HU tourney. was a lot of fun. were doing another one sometime in february, with 32 people. there should be a few spots open, so if anyones interested post up on the stt forum. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

this tourney is for people who play real poker and don't have gay escalating blinds. holla.
Old 11-26-2005, 10:32 PM

Even if I was to play, the Two Plus Two name still cannot be used.

MM
Old 11-26-2005, 10:45 PM

ouch dude, ouch.
Old 11-26-2005, 10:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this tourney is for people who play real poker and don't have gay escalating blinds. holla.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, yea i mean 30 minute levels are just sooooo short. its awful to not be able to sit there for 10 hours to beat yer opponent. holla
Old 11-26-2005, 11:02 PM

change the stakes to .5/.10 and the buy-in to $30 and i'm in!

[img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2005, 12:52 AM

The idea isn't to start with 300bbs, but to play until someone has won 300bb's from the other person. This should make for some interesting deep stack poker - although it might end up taking too long, and there will be some instances where players end up winning/losing more then $3,000.00

Prima seems to work good because they are the only site i know of that has HU 5/10 tables and usually have a few of them open.

People complaining that it is -EV, I figured that this being the high stakes forum most here play this game normally, and multiable, so really what is a 3 buy-in freeze out? Plus these should create some really strong discussion.

If someone else who is an affiliate wants to try to negotiate a deal with a site, go ahead.
Old 11-27-2005, 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What is gay about escalating blinds?

I agree though thats not real poker.
Old 11-27-2005, 12:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't really think it's fair for me to be in the tournament, because I'd crush everyone so bad.

I also don't understand the structure...are we both gonna be sitting with 300 bb to start or what? Are you going to be allowed to leave the table once you both have 200 bb's and start over with 100 bb, b/c I hate deepstack hu. Some of these matches are going to take forever. I can see a match vs me taking like 10 hours or more unless I'm up vs a total donk (ie james282).

[/ QUOTE ]

The stacks shouldnt get that deep. 200bb stacks HU is not alot, trust me.
Old 11-27-2005, 01:08 AM

Hi KKF,

Damn, this is a great idea. I love the format, stakes, suggested matchups, etc. Unfortunately for me, I can't afford to play, being right on the edge of broke. I will sweat this one from the rail for sure though, if it gets down. holla.
Closed Thread