Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 08:20 PM

Default Re: Split the NL forums again?

nothing personal but I just feel the unjustifable need to say that I have been amused repeatedly over the last few weeks how seriously people take this internet forum stuff. I too favor a forum split but does it really matter that much? That is all.
Old 11-27-2005, 08:26 PM

I would definitely support a small/mid/high split also. I mostly play mid-stakes and I sometimes feel like several other posters do about not getting too much help at SSNL and am somewhat unwanted in MHNL.
Old 11-27-2005, 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
nothing personal but I just feel the unjustifable need to say that I have been amused repeatedly over the last few weeks how seriously people take this internet forum stuff. I too favor a forum split but does it really matter that much? That is all.

[/ QUOTE ]

What stakes do you play? There are 2 forums. Post a 2/4 hand in mid/high and be chastised and have people turn their nose up at you or give your post little attention by posting something like "standard". Post in small stakes and have beginners argue with you about hand selection (not to mention that that forum in general is a cluster f%$#).
Old 11-28-2005, 12:18 AM

I agree with you somewhat. I play 1/2 and 2/4 online and 3/5 live (sometimes with deep stacks) and I would enjoy a medium limit forum. Personally, I get great feedback in small stakes when I post hands. I was just more just commenting on, probably at an inappropriate time, how serious people take the 2+2 forums. It wasn't directed at you necessarily. I've felt like saying it a bunch of times in other threads lately but I'd never bothered.
Old 11-27-2005, 08:29 PM

Can we have a Kane forum where we just talk about him and the hands he played? I would personally enjoy that.

Also, 1 vote here for making El D the moderator for that forum.
Old 11-27-2005, 09:56 PM

I think that the HU tourney thread is ample evidence in support of a split.

The fact that many players feel that 1k is too low tells me that their NL poker experience is MUCH different from that of a 2/4, 3/6 player. I have read a few MNL posters in this thread say that they often do not feel welcome or supported here. I can say that I have often felt the same. Also, I can say that I generally won't read the 10/20 posts and up because I don't feel as though they can be applied to my games at all.

Anyway, I hope that someone who can make a change is reading this.

AZK... would you care to weigh in?

Mason... how about you?
Old 11-28-2005, 02:08 AM

LONG over due. I've asked for this about twice in the last year. 3 divisions is fine. How can we make this happen?? NOW. No, right now.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:58 AM

the only reason to split is if the forum is overcrowded, or if there is a ton of posts that don't belong. I don't think either of these things are true.
Old 11-28-2005, 11:44 AM

I count 75 active threads in SSNL during the past 24 hours. IMO, that is overcrowded. That is one of the reasons I proposed making Mid Stakes 1/2 - 3/6 instead of 2/4 - 5/10.
Old 11-28-2005, 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I count 75 active threads in SSNL during the past 24 hours. IMO, that is overcrowded. That is one of the reasons I proposed making Mid Stakes 1/2 - 3/6 instead of 2/4 - 5/10.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you. MHSNL seems to be fine as is but the SSNL forum gets a ton of traffic. 1/2-3/6 for mid (or mid-small or whatever you want to call it) and lower than that being small stakes would probably be optimal.
Closed Thread