Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 10:11 PM

Default Re: Weightlifting Advice

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I was actuall ya competive bodybuilder for many years.... There are a couple ways to look at this...

First off, the circuit thing is ok for about 2 weeks, just to get your muscles acclimated to working out...

After that, you will need to drop the circuit and Really hit free weights hard..

If your goal is to gain Muscle, I wouldnt worry at all about cardio at first. Stick with core excercises and keep your reps in the 5-8 range.. With about 8-12 sets per body part.

I wouldnt work ANY body part more than 2 times per week but go very very heavy.

Also, the most important part is NUTRITION.. Try to consume about 2.5 Grams of Protein per Lb of body weight and so a lot of research on supplements..

btw, are steroids legal there???

If so I would run some light injectables in small doses.. Like maybe 400 Mg Test Enanthate or Cypionate...

Thats very light dose and you wont see any negative sides from that amount, other than a little water retention.. ( Which you can get rid of with Dandelion root.... and drink tons of water

[/ QUOTE ]

I am a PT and this is great advice. Erase all other posts!!!

www.personal-training.com.au

[/ QUOTE ]
I see a lot of good stuff in that advise, but really dont like the doing drugs part.

As a PT mb u can tell me how common drugs are in the states among "normal people"?
Old 11-03-2005, 04:16 AM

i think that's an interesting question.
Old 11-03-2005, 07:27 AM

The steroids part he should definately wait for 2-3 years of solid training before even thinking about. The part of the post i was most impressed with was the training and dietary advice.

Heavy weight, plenty of protein and compound movements are best. Keep mixing things up too.

IN regards to steroids i would never recommend steroids to anyone, except for someone who has nearly reached their genetic potential, although thats not to say steroids cant be done safely and effectively, but it is a waste for a noob to juice up as he will grow naturally w/out gear.

He will also find that when he starts juicing that his gains when off cycle will be alot less than if he hadnt juiced.

In regards to frequency, its hard to say. Im in australia and it is certainly alot less common than in the US, its also looked upon VERY poorly, and u would never admit to using them. They are also very illegal, highly faked, and not easy to get a hold of w/out being in the right circles.

U only want to use underground stuff that has been made by someone who has imported the powders from china etc as 99% of vet gear and so called prescription gear will be faked. U run the risk of injecting dirty or unsterile gear, though, when using underground stuff as its made in some dudes kitchen usually and sometimes not even filtered.
Old 11-03-2005, 07:32 AM

Focus on abs, chest, arms.

That's all the ladies care about. Those meatheads don't know anything. Squats are for the birds. If you ever have to show those chicken legs, you already naked and closing the deal [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 11-03-2005, 07:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was actuall ya competive bodybuilder for many years....

[/ QUOTE ]

I stopped reading right there.
Old 11-03-2005, 08:20 AM

Hey lmd,

As the resident physician on the forum I will just chime in to add very little. I also have 20 years of weight training.(I know it doesn't show)

Warik owned this thread and good advice was also given by leehrat and addickt (except the steroid crap). The last thing that you would ever want to do is fuuck around with steroids. Trust me on that.

The circuit thing is really bad for what your goals are but not a bad idea for a week or 2 at the start. It is very important for beginners to avoid the most common problem. That is, quitting. If you go bang out 10 sets of 8 reps per muscle group straight out of the gate, you will be so sore you won't be able to move. This type of pain and discomfort may negatively affect you psychologically and discourage you from going back. There is also the risk of injury which will really set you back. The most important thing of all is making fitness a part of your life and finding a way to enjoy the training or you will not continue long term. Building muscle mass for us little guys is hard and really takes a long term dedication.

Nutrition is also very important and a guy with your frame will literally have a hard time eating as much as you will need to in order to put on mass.

Too bad you never told me you were looking to get into lifting..we could have done a few workouts before you left.

BTW, my family owns 4 gyms in San Diego so if anyone in the area of downtown, carlsbad, bonita, or el cajon is looking for a place to train I may be able to get you a deal. *shameless plug*
Old 11-03-2005, 08:25 AM

Another site for you...hardgainer.com.
Old 11-03-2005, 09:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
thats irrelevant. the plan he has given you will add no mass. my plan (and someone else echoed it) is solid for all shapes. don't [censored] around with that faggy crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey tough guy, I have a circuit plan that would make you puke your lights out. Google meltdown training.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:20 AM

Lots of great advice here, summed up well by surfdoc. I am a hargainer or ecto and have been training for a a few years, I recently went on a program to add mass. (Since September I have gone from 170 lbs. and 8% BF to 181 lbs and 9.5%BF.) Lots of good lifting advice is here, by leehrat, addickt etc...From personal experience I would say a few things;

-Learn proper technique for everything you do.
-Don't skip compound movements that you hate(for me it was squats). Learn to love them(yesterday was legs for me, I love the pain today!)
-And most importantly for us thin guys - EAT, EAT, EAT. If you think you are eating too much, you aren't, keep eating.

You can follow all the good advice here but if you don't eat lots its worthless.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:40 AM

At your stage it really doesnt matter what you do, you'll gain.
That said, it is a bit concerning that he has you guys working out so much. 3x a week should be more than enough. Actually if youre doing every body part every day 2x should be better.