Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2005, 09:31 PM

Default Re: GG Steve Danneman

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I don't see going broke here with bottom full. Its the first friggin' hand and they got what...500x the BB, lol? Or whatever the level 1 blind is. I know Sammy's a nut sometimes but he isn't pushing or calling all-in for all his chips (I forget the turn action, I know the flop went check-check) with trips or str8 or whatever so kid shudda known better.

Theres really nothing in the pot on the turn. Now all the money goes in and kids got bottom full with AAQ on board. Nah.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't Omaha. Not that easy to fold bottom full. You could easily get action from a straight or trip aces. I assume the pot was raised preflop.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:46 PM

Some of you guys are so good, you could fold the bottom end of a straight flush.
Old 10-26-2005, 10:00 PM

Maybe you're right. El Diablo plays okay and he says its easy to lose all your money here so you're probably right, but I don't see it yet.

"I assume the pot was raised preflop."

Its a headsup raised pot. On the first hand. The flop was checked around. I can't see how its significant that there's $140 or whatever in the pot on the turn. Why did you point this out and how does it support you argument that its worth putting in $10,000 on the turn?

I am going to look at previous posts for the exact action and money in the pot. If you or anyone knows this already (or there has already been a discussion on this entire hand) please let me know.
Old 10-26-2005, 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Some of you guys are so good, you could fold the bottom end of a straight flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

No offense, but this is a far cry from the FIFTH nut hand on the first hand of the tournament vs. a guy you know feels he's got a big edge over the field. No way is Farha calling all of his chips with just trips (or a straight with a paired board), and no way he is bluffing all of his chips on the first hand of the tournament.

I dunno. I just think it's tough to come up with a reason to risk your entire tournament here with fifth nut hand.
Old 10-26-2005, 10:11 PM

The only way Im losing waaay huge on this is if I bet smallish on the *flop* and sammy comes over the top in a way that makes it look like he's shoving me out.

However, with the TIIIIINY pot, I hope I'd be able to get away. Sammy's not a donk.
Old 10-26-2005, 10:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hell Kate Hudson's brother went bought in for 10k and lost on the first hand to Sammy Farha. Yeah it was a full house but it was tens full on a AAT board (first hand).

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't go broke on that hand as well, then you truly are an NLFool.

[/ QUOTE ]

First hand of the WSOP against Sammy. I may lose a bunch but I don't go broke. I played with him and Hansen in 03 and in one hand in particular he flopped trips and with the A kicker and played pretty passively let his opponent bluff but never raised even on the river acting last.

It looks they are there to gamble loosey goosey but when it was deep early on they were fairly passive (maybe a better word is less aggressive) even on some big hands.

Against an unknown I maybe dunzo [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] but not against a top pro who I know isn't likely to go broke here with trips alone on the first hand with 10k chips and with blinds this minute.

EDIT: also it wasn't just AAT board it AATQ I believe. If it got in on the flop not believing someone would hold the A and case T so be it, I understand. But a top pro isn't going broke on an AATQ with trips alone on the first hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

So if it went the other way around and Sammy pushed? You would fold?

Sike.
Old 10-26-2005, 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not sure if you are saying that TT played his hand correctly, but it sure sounds that way. How about some hand analysis for old times sake? (I thanked Clarkmeister in person but I never thanked you...I learned a lot from you back in the day and now I get by playing for a living so thanks my life is better because of you. Umm...Can I borrow $500? ) [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2005, 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dunno. I just think it's tough to come up with a reason to risk your entire tournament here with fifth nut hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see your point AA, QQ, AQ, and AT are a decent percentage of the hands you would expect to be up against a a raised pot. A good player might realize this and avoid going bust.

What did Farha have? AT? Then he put all his money in with the 3rd nuts. Is that so much better than the 5th nuts?

A lot of times you could have a set and only have the 5th nuts on the turn. Say you have 66 and the board is T864. Then you have the 5th nuts. That is still a difficult hand
to get away from.
Old 10-26-2005, 10:34 PM

If you have AT then you flopped the nuts here. The turn Q give you second nuts but since you flopped the nuts you have to go broke since if he has AQ you are just so friggin unlucky on the first hand that you just don't want to play anymore anyways.
Old 10-26-2005, 10:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you have AT then you flopped the nuts here. The turn Q give you second nuts but since you flopped the nuts you have to go broke since if he has AQ you are just so friggin unlucky on the first hand that you just don't want to play anymore anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong AA is the nuts for quads.