View Poll Results: Best move
Fold 0 0%
Limp (100) 3 37.50%
Raise (350) 4 50.00%
Raise (other) 1 12.50%
All-in (1410) 0 0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-25-2005, 06:30 PM

Default Re: Should I move in w/ Drug Dealers?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ok ok ok... I was leaning twoards no, but, 200/mth was so inviting.... eh, guess i needed a little flaming.

[/ QUOTE ]

$200.00/month is not worth a criminal record, jail, being baba's bitch, fines, probation, disappointing your family, screwing up college...

[/ QUOTE ]

He's not selling the drugs, he is not in possession. Unfortunately I have a lot of experience in multi dwelling drug raids, only one man has gotten taken in. He is in no risk, especially since NO ONE COMES OVER.

Hell, 25th hour, they only take in Ed Norton.

[/ QUOTE ]

People not coming over does not mean no risk. Here is the chain of events that lead to dealers getting arrested.

1. Dealer sells to stupid kid.
2. Stupid kid gets busted and when threatened with prison time by the big scary officers, he gives up dealer.

This can happen once or be repeated a few times depending on the area but inevitably we get to the next steps.

3. Cops take interest in dealer.
4. Cops bust dealer.

When the cops bust the dealer, it is often in the form of a search warrant. They find relatively large quantities of drugs, baggies, scales and such leading to a possession with intent to distribute charge. This is where OP may be ok, the cops know who they want and are not idiots. HOWEVER, they may decide to arrest everyone and depending on a whole lot of factors, they may conclude that OP has been assisting in the enterprise. If they decide this, OP is [censored].

Supporting your reasoning by citing a movie is just silly and makes me unwilling to take much of what you say seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's not living in the house.
Old 10-25-2005, 06:51 PM

I've roomed with drug dealers before. The can be as nice as anyone else, and more financially responsible than most.

The problem is, if they go down, you go down, for sure. Drugs aren't an issue that has anything to do with fairness in this country. Tell the judge you weren't involved, even if everyone backs you up, and it will go nowhere. Whatever they're guilty of, you're guilty of.

And if the house gets torn up and has things seized, that's going to affect your life too.

On a more day to day level, you'll have to get used to people coming in and out of your place all the time, including many you would rather not even see, much less let into your place. Keep your stuff well hidden and your room door locked. Be sure to have a separate phone, as you don't want to have to answer the phone for pot inquiries and arrangements every five minutes. It gets really old really fast.

And prepare to have your food unaccountably disappear on a regular basis, and without being paid back for it. Come home late and hungry and not wanting to cook, and it can be a pisser than your food just got crammed down someone else's face, and without so much as a thank you.
Old 10-25-2005, 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
One of the guys that lives there (not the dealer) parents own the place, so they make their son/his buddies pay 800/mth for a 2bed/2bath house.

2 car garage has been turned into a sweet little studio, and there is a mobile home/trailer thing on the property w/ internet access, cable, etc, that they are also renting out.

200/mth

My other options are get a real job instead of just p*k*r, pay 600-800/mth for a smaller place.

[/ QUOTE ]

So he's making $6k per month, needs your $200, you figure you're getting the story, and you're considering this, AND you play poker? This is too good to be true. Could you please post all your usernames on all the poker sites?

[/ QUOTE ]

I read through this whole thread and can't believe it took someone this long to mention this point.

Why would he need $200 a month from a roomate when he makes $6000 a week? It seems to me I'd rather have the extra space, as I'd be wiping my ass with hundred dollar bills.
Old 10-25-2005, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you need to elaborate. What are your other options. As it stands, it is a bad idea.

I wouldn't think drug dealers are the most honest of characters. Any [censored] goes down, they may very well try shift some of the blame towards you. And wouldn't you get in trouble just for living with them?

Why are they offering you the room for only 200 a month? Sounds SKETCHY, especially when they are dealing 6k worth a week.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's not a drug dealer friend I can remember who I wouldn't trust or that didn't seem to be at least of the moral caliber of most anyone else I've known. Being a drug dealer doesn't mean being a bad guy in reality, just according to law.

Offering to rent a room to him for that cheap does sound extremely weird, but it could be honestly giving him a hand, and friendship. It sounds like basically a token sum to someone making 6k a week. I'm sure he could spend that in a night or two or screwing around on the town, easy.
Old 10-25-2005, 06:59 PM

1. Move in
2. Contact narcotics squad and become a CI aka snitch
3. Coordinate a bust with the cops
4. The day of the bust when your roomie is taking a crap, go find his cash stash and steal it all; store it offsite
5. When the cops come in, act surprised
6. Take the ride downtown, but have the narcotics detectives pull you out before central booking, and kick you loose.
7. Move out that afternoon before they make bail

This is +EV. The roomies will think the cops took the cash.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ok ok ok... I was leaning twoards no, but, 200/mth was so inviting.... eh, guess i needed a little flaming.

[/ QUOTE ]

$200.00/month is not worth a criminal record, jail, being baba's bitch, fines, probation, disappointing your family, screwing up college...

[/ QUOTE ]

He's not selling the drugs, he is not in possession. Unfortunately I have a lot of experience in multi dwelling drug raids, only one man has gotten taken in. He is in no risk, especially since NO ONE COMES OVER.

Hell, 25th hour, they only take in Ed Norton.

[/ QUOTE ]

People not coming over does not mean no risk. Here is the chain of events that lead to dealers getting arrested.

1. Dealer sells to stupid kid.
2. Stupid kid gets busted and when threatened with prison time by the big scary officers, he gives up dealer.

This can happen once or be repeated a few times depending on the area but inevitably we get to the next steps.

3. Cops take interest in dealer.
4. Cops bust dealer.

When the cops bust the dealer, it is often in the form of a search warrant. They find relatively large quantities of drugs, baggies, scales and such leading to a possession with intent to distribute charge. This is where OP may be ok, the cops know who they want and are not idiots. HOWEVER, they may decide to arrest everyone and depending on a whole lot of factors, they may conclude that OP has been assisting in the enterprise. If they decide this, OP is [censored].

Supporting your reasoning by citing a movie is just silly and makes me unwilling to take much of what you say seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed on all points.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. Move in
2. Contact narcotics squad and become a CI aka snitch
3. Coordinate a bust with the cops
4. The day of the bust when your roomie is taking a crap, go find his cash stash and steal it all; store it offsite
5. When the cops come in, act surprised
6. Take the ride downtown, but have the narcotics detectives pull you out before central booking, and kick you loose.
7. Move out that afternoon before they make bail

This is +EV. The roomies will think the cops took the cash.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, did you write a movie about this?
Old 10-25-2005, 07:03 PM

He makes $300K a year, and he's looking to make an extra $2400 by renting out a room? Very suspicious. Stay away kid.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this will change

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-25-2005, 07:05 PM

Does the front entrance have a cage like in Lock, Stock, and 2 Smoking Barrels? If so, I say take it.