Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2005, 03:19 PM

Default Re: so my professor threatened to throw me out of the class....

Don't worry dude. I used to cut classes in law school and still made straight B's.

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 10-20-2005, 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would remind him that your name is Tony Paladino and that you "know some people."

[/ QUOTE ]

This is clearly the best answer.
Old 10-20-2005, 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Second, you seem to equate attendance with education.

[/ QUOTE ]

you talk about ecology being a waste of time, etc. but this is not the first class OP has nearly failed in/had to withdraw from. didn't he say something like it's his 7th? that's pathetic. and OP, i don't need to know where you go to say it's a fake school because any place that graduates someone like you is a joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're a complete retard. 1st - My school is one of the top ranked public universities in the country and is the 2nd best business school in NY state.

[ QUOTE ]
forgot to mentiont that labs are different than classes. i'm a biology and chemistry major and if we miss more than 1 lab per class, per semester, it's an automatic F. Weird, huh? It's like, they force you to learn and not be a complete dumb [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

Gee really? One should attend classes that are important to your major and career? I better learn some ecology fast so I can be the greates Human Resouce Manager ever.
Old 10-20-2005, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't worry dude. I used to cut classes in law school and still made straight B's.

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, the strict curve in law school is nice.
Old 10-20-2005, 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. OP, welcome to the real world, sometimes you have to do stuff you dont like or doesn't make sense

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
u cant do this out in the real world...stop this BS now and get ur ass to class...no company is gonna keep u around nor is anyone else if u cant be expected to show up for stuff...its not THAT hard

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Man up and go to class. If you say you can't break the habit, well, an employer will break it for you in a few months only with a lot more pain and unpaid bills, so suck it up and become a man.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, once again, I have worked full time during most of my college careeer. That is one of the reasons why I am in my 5th year.

I have more "real world" experience in the workforce and other areas than a great majority of people my age (22) have.
Old 10-20-2005, 11:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The correct answer is "grow up and go to the rest of the classes." [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the correct answer. The questin is whether I am able to follow through with it properly
Old 10-20-2005, 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i will answer the question first, he warned you so i wouldn't call the bluff and i would choose option 2. as for breaking a 5 year habit its not tough you just get in your car/on your bike/on your feet and go to class and sit there.

for everyone who is bashing tony you need to know that attendance has nothing to do with what he learns in a class. i went to two large universities that had enough students in each class to where the teachers didn't require attendance and i was very liberal with attending class but this did not mean that i "wasted the money spent on college." i read the text on my own and more times than not did better than the rest of the class (probably b/c i didn't have a babbling teacher confusing me 3 days a week).

class was a waste of time for me, i got the same grades when i went as to when i didn't go. i understand that not everybody is like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you! Finally, someone is making sense.
Old 10-20-2005, 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You're a complete retard. 1st - My school is one of the top ranked public universities in the country and is the 2nd best business school in NY state.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you goto NYU? If so, you realize its not a public university right? I just can't think of whatever other school you could be talking about. NY public universities aren't exactly stellar.
Old 10-20-2005, 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you goto NYU? If so, you realize its not a public university right? I just can't think of whatever other school you could be talking about. NY public universities aren't exactly stellar.

[/ QUOTE ]

CUNY Baruch College. #2 behind nyu for business
Old 10-20-2005, 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
NY public universities aren't exactly stellar.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that the SUNY university centers were all high rated schools.