Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2005, 03:35 PM

Default Re: Has anybody in here been robbed?

Chances are he'd just scalp the tickets, but tell the cops and have em hassle the buyers anyways.
Old 10-17-2005, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I thought that was pretty shitty that Pontiac not only has a master key, but that they somehow allowed it to get out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe that there are only 8-10 different types of keys for every make of car. If you have a Ford Taurus and your buddy does too, there's probably a 10% or higher chance that your keys are interchangeable. This might be wrong. But I think it's right.

I get robbed every time I buy concert tickets. $75 for a show, my ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, I had like an '89 accord and one day I was walking to the parking lot from the library, unlock the door and get in the car , go to start the engine and realize suddenly my car is a lot cleaner inside. Of course, it wasn't my car - just one of many blue accords out there. But very weird.
Old 10-17-2005, 03:40 PM

My house was broken into while I was sleeping. This was back in college, and I had fallen asleep while studing statistics(I do not know how), and woke up when I heard what I thought was my room mate walking on the wood floors. My bedroom door had a slider, which slid open, and a flashlight shone in on my face. I jumped out of bed, picked up the statistics book, about 15 lbs, and hurled it in the direction of the flash light, as I shouted WTF are you doing in here!. The book hit the wall next to the door, and put a large hole in the wall. The would be robber, ran out the front door. Cops never caught the guy.

I bought a rotewiller the next day named Otto. He was a puppy, but grew up to be 125LBS, never had any problems after that.
Old 10-17-2005, 03:49 PM

What kind of idiot criminal breaks into an occupied house with a flashlight?
Old 10-17-2005, 03:59 PM

The choice of being a criminal in the first place often results from a flawed intelligence.
Old 10-17-2005, 04:00 PM

This happened to my parents when I was very young. Some junkies climbed into an open window while we were sleeping and took my grandma's silverware out of a cabinet. How they knew where it was I'll never know. It was in fact the only thing of any value in the house. We woke up as they dropped a bunch of it on the floor scramblin back out. My genius father left the window open a few monthes later and woke up that night to hear them scurrying around like cockroaches in the living room...so he grabs a broom out of the closet and runs out there shouting like they're wild racoons, and of course they go hopping out the window again. My dog slept through both incidents, as did I.

Years later, whenever I got locked out of the house I knew I could climp up onto the back porch roof and go in that window. My family wins the Darwin Award. It's probably unlocked right now if anyone wants a black and white TV or some Junior Mints...
Old 10-17-2005, 04:08 PM

Back when my parents had a house, we were robbed twice. The first time they slim-jimmed a window to get in and took our VCR + some goodies. The second time they pushed in the air conditioner and took jewelry + my cassette player. I was pissed beyond pissed. I think the thieves were the Mexican workers that mowed the grass around the neighborhood.

When I was living on campus, I was robbed of my digital camera, SLR camera and $200 headphones. I'm pretty sure it was one of my roommates.
Old 10-17-2005, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Someone took all the change and my bag out of my car while i was at college (i had forgotten to lock it). Monetarily it wasn't so bad, but it sucked losing all my notes and textbooks for the semester.

[/ QUOTE ]

They actually stole the loose change out of your car? Unless you happened to have a gigantic vat full of quarters in the back seat I must nominate this robbery as the most pitiful one in the thread so far.

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

A couple years ago some crackhead broke into my roommate's car and ended up taking exactly $3. He left behind a set of tin snips, so if it weren't for the broken window my roommate would have ended up ahead.
Old 10-17-2005, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I thought that was pretty shitty that Pontiac not only has a master key, but that they somehow allowed it to get out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe that there are only 8-10 different types of keys for every make of car. If you have a Ford Taurus and your buddy does too, there's probably a 10% or higher chance that your keys are interchangeable. This might be wrong. But I think it's right.

I get robbed every time I buy concert tickets. $75 for a show, my ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, I had like an '89 accord and one day I was walking to the parking lot from the library, unlock the door and get in the car , go to start the engine and realize suddenly my car is a lot cleaner inside. Of course, it wasn't my car - just one of many blue accords out there. But very weird.

[/ QUOTE ]

That reminds me of the time I came back from the DMV with my new current year's license plate sticker and put it on, yes, an identical blue car a few feet from mine. Funny, the car door wouldn't open. Funnier still, the car was a lot cleaner than mine inside. And funniest of all, there was new stuff in there I had never seen before.

The stickers are virtually impossible to remove without destroying them, too. Boy, did they think that was the stupidest thing they ever heard, back inside, when I went to ask them to print me another sticker. Let me tell ya, when even clerks at the DMV think you're an idiot, you're in bad shape.
Old 10-17-2005, 04:12 PM

Not out of my house but I had my car broken into. Fortunately it happened right as I was getting ready for bed (like 3am) and part of my routine is to take a look at my car just to admire how sexy it is. Turned out this night some other guys were admiring it too, which at first I didn't think much of, cause people stop and check out my car all the time, but then I realized it was 3am and I figured out what was going on. I ran downstairs and grabbed a baseball bat and then ran as fast as I've ever run out my front door. Fortunately they ran faster, I was so pumped on adrenaline I probably would have taken one of their heads clean off with 1 swing and ended up in jail. I launched the bat at the back of their car as they were driving off and cracked the back windshield pretty good. They ran off with my faceplate which cost me $250 to replace but I still had the stereo and about $1500 of additional equipment. But it still pisses me off that none of them were ever arrested or beaten to death. That would have made the $250 all worth it.

But anyways, I know how you feel. I was pissed off and paranoid for like a week after that incident. It sucks.