Where's Fossilman?
Old 10-13-2005, 03:59 PM

Default Re: I believe I am the best poker player on 2+2

[ QUOTE ]

MicroBob, Sublime, Al Capone, whoever.

lol

dick

[/ QUOTE ]

actually I agree with the 'lol' sentiment.

I'm an above-mediocre player and that's about it.
If I actally read and studied a bit instead of reading stupid challenges in the zoo then maybe I would stop sucking so much at the poker-tables.

Sublime is certainly a better player than I am imo.
I have no idea how good a player Al Capone is. I've only read his posts in the B&M forum which are mostly about card-room etiquette and rules.

I don't view a heads-up match with the OP as being very + or - EV for me. I really don't know how good he is (although I suspect that such narrow-mindedness regarding his own abilities makes it more likely that he's not that great).

I also feel I have nothing to prove. I am already a self-admitted mediocre player. I don't want to try to 'prove' that I'm 'great' somehow because I simply already know that it isn't true.

And I don't feel like wasting my playing-time (and possibly my money) in an attempt to prove that this guy is or isn't as great as he claims to be.

I did okay in the HULA ML matches I played (record of 3-2...but won my last 3) and feel my heads-up play is improving.
However, regardless of my abilities I don't think that beating this guy or losing to this guy in a single heads-up match proves much of anything.

I could play Greenstein or Negreneau or Sklansky and still have a reasonable chance at winning a single heads-up match.
Just as I could play somebody who ALWAYS folds AA and always plays 72o and still have a chance of losing.

Anyway - if you other guys want to take him on that's fine by me. Would probably have a better chance of humiliating than I would.

I may change my mind on this if I decide that it really is +EV to play him or if my ego decides that I just want to try to put the guy in his place.
But, for now, I don't see the point and I don't feel like it.
Old 10-13-2005, 03:59 PM

the players you named are not anywhere near the best players on here. i guarantee there are players in some of the sub forums who would crush you.

rj
Old 10-13-2005, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the players you named are not anywhere near the best players on here. i guarantee there are players in some of the sub forums who would crush you up to something like 57% of the HU SnGs you would play against them.

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 10-13-2005, 04:16 PM

This thread is a very nice break from all the goings on [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-13-2005, 04:43 PM

Will you only play on Stars? I have a UB account and would gladly play you (3)$200 NLHE matches. All three matches must be played regardless of the outcome of the first two.

If you are interested PM me or post a time and date you would be available.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:29 PM

Well Bob, I must say I am disappointed. I thought you had a "set" I guess I was wrong. I really thought you would take this challenge. I cant say I blame you though, if I were you I wouldnt want to challenge me either... Take care bud.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:38 PM

This post is kinda funny, sub par trolling.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well Bob, I must say I am disappointed. I thought you had a "set" I guess I was wrong. I really thought you would take this challenge. I cant say I blame you though, if I were you I wouldnt want to challenge me either... Take care bud.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, OP doesnt know what comes before a fall. this is gonna be fun to watch.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:39 PM

Default I WANT MICROBOB

ive got a couple of challenges so far, the private tourney for $500 sounds good. Lets set it up. I forgot who the guy was but PM me and lets do this. BUT I STILL WANT MICROBOB........

PS I could easily whoop ZeeJustin
Closed Thread