Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2005, 10:50 AM

Default Re: Is there any way to look cool wearing a bike helmet?

[ QUOTE ]
A friend got in a bike accident recently. Was going down a small hill. She picked up a little speed and hit a rock or something and went flying. Broke both wrists, huge bruise on leg, and would have cracked her skull open if she had not been wearing a helmet. This wasn't mountain biking on some crazy path or anything, it was on a regular bike path.

The moral of the story is wear a helmet.

Also, if you do get in an accident without a helmet, you will look like a huge tool because you didn't wear a helmet. Especially if your reason was "it looks dorky".

[/ QUOTE ]
Between the ages of 7-13 I and my friends did some really dumb [censored] on bikes sans helmets and we all at one time or another took some horrendous wipeouts. Yet strangely none of us ever injured our heads.

The worst is the kids wearing helmets these days that don't have them on right. If you're going to make your kid wear one, at least make sure they're wearing it in such a way that it will actually do something in case of accident.

Old 10-13-2005, 12:19 PM

Dan druff wore one growing up and he is super cool
Old 10-13-2005, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is there any way to look cool wearing a bike helmet?

[/ QUOTE ]
Riding next to a biker wearing spandex helps.

When driving past these guys I usually yell "FAGGOT SPANDEX!" or some variant at the top of my lungs. Shakes'em out of their Lance Armstrong fantasies and gives'em something to think about while they're tooling around.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have hard time understanding how a moron like yourself was able to understand The Watchman at all.

It's hard to look cool with a bike helmet, but it's harder to look cool with a head wound.
Old 10-13-2005, 12:43 PM

i know 4 ppl who have been seriously messed up from bike accidents. 2 died. 1 is a paraplegic and 1 went crazy.
Old 10-13-2005, 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i know 4 ppl who have been seriously messed up from bike accidents. 2 died. 1 is a paraplegic and 1 went crazy.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's unclear whether this post si a joke or not, but here goes...

1) Would a helmet have prevented the broken spine that caused him to be paralyzed?

2) Is insanity a common result of bicycle accidents? Wtf?

3) Who the hell knows four people that have been messed up in bike accidents? You're either a troll or a member of the Bicycle-Riding Retards of America.
Old 10-13-2005, 01:06 PM

Jake, I'm surprised you're so seemingly against cyclists and helmets. I'll just go ahead and say it's dumb of you to say that the whole helmet craze is just people looking for things to be scared of, or whatever your quote was.

As for me. I bike often, and I race too. I don't care what the helmet looks like to others, I always where one no matter what.

And as for spandex, yes I do wear it! [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] I wear it for every race of course, because it is much faster. As for training, I'll usually wear it for a hard work out, but if I'm just commuting to work or something I'll opt for basketball shorts.

Cycling is awesome, I love it. I wonder how many of the people here bashing it are fat asses that would break a bike if they sat on it? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] I don't care if people just don't like the sport, but throwing things at and yelling at cyclist is just stupid.
Old 10-13-2005, 01:10 PM

motorists are very mean to bikers. this thread displays some such actions.
Old 10-13-2005, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jake, I'm surprised you're so seemingly against cyclists and helmets.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not at all against cyclists or helmets. People can wear whatever they want. I'm against people telling me I should or have to wear something I personally find silly. As for the spandex, why don't you people just pad your bicycle seats instead of wearing those funny pants? I mean, I don't care what your ass looks like, namkills, but there are some bicycle-riding asses that shouldn't be covered up with a layer of foam. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 10-13-2005, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jake, I'm surprised you're so seemingly against cyclists and helmets. I'll just go ahead and say it's dumb of you to say that the whole helmet craze is just people looking for things to be scared of, or whatever your quote was.

As for me. I bike often, and I race too. I don't care what the helmet looks like to others, I always where one no matter what.

And as for spandex, yes I do wear it! [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] I wear it for every race of course, because it is much faster. As for training, I'll usually wear it for a hard work out, but if I'm just commuting to work or something I'll opt for basketball shorts.

Cycling is awesome, I love it. I wonder how many of the people here bashing it are fat asses that would break a bike if they sat on it? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] I don't care if people just don't like the sport, but throwing things at and yelling at cyclist is just stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

good post.

i will add that the spandex shorts much easier on the ass.
Old 10-13-2005, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"FAGGOT SPANDEX!"

[/ QUOTE ]

AKA Grape smugglers