Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2005, 12:40 PM

Default Re: Journey is my favorite \"new\" band

[ QUOTE ]
This is true. I played the [censored] out of that Journey Atari game. "Don't Stop Believing", indeed...

[/ QUOTE ]

Dodging the Burger King looking manager foes always tripped me up for some reason.

But first came the Journey arcade console game, which I remember playing. Neil Schon's level was tough.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:01 PM

journey's pwnageness is timeless, and spans the generations.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
dude that guy is living the dream. i would kill to have one pic like that in my life.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-04-2005, 01:20 PM

I'm 30. I like the Journey alot, but figured they would remain, much like Kansas or Boston, a good band that is maybe a sentimental favorite of people who enjoyed them when they were actually popular and selling albums. (I'm even a little young for them, really.)

Then I see Ryan, on "The OC", hooking up with Marisa while "Faithfully" plays in the background. (I think Journey may actually be his favorite band.) Next, I watch as Stephen on "Laguna Beach" drives LC around listening to "Don't Stop Believin." Then I read this thread...

Thoughts-

1) This is in keeping with the 20-Year Lag Rule for what highschool kids will listen to.
2) Who's next? I predict- The REO Speedwagon
Old 10-04-2005, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm 30. I like the Journey alot, but figured they would remain, much like Kansas or Boston, a good band that is maybe a sentimental favorite of people who enjoyed them when they were actually popular and selling albums. (I'm even a little young for them, really.)

Then I see Ryan, on "The OC", hooking up with Marisa while "Faithfully" plays in the background. (I think Journey may actually be his favorite band.) Next, I watch as Stephen on "Laguna Beach" drives LC around listening to "Don't Stop Believin." Then I read this thread...

Thoughts-

1) This is in keeping with the 20-Year Lag Rule for what highschool kids will listen to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or Toto.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Thoughts-

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys win. Journey is gay.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
While Journey eventually became gay, from the mid-late 70s through the Escape album in '81, Journey was cool, and Escape is one of the great pop-rock albums of the 80s.

Shout it loud. I like Journey and I'm proud.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm guessing you were a big Meatloaf fan too....
Old 10-04-2005, 01:33 PM

This thread doesn't even exist until Neal Schon himself posts in it.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:39 PM

Did you get this from Family Guy episode I just saw? They were karaoking to "Don't Stop Believing". Perry has a great voice. I think I have 1 CD of theirs.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Thoughts-

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys win. Journey is gay.

[/ QUOTE ]

*sigh* You've learned nothing!!! Journey was gay!