Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2005, 06:01 PM

Default Re: 3/6 6m KQs

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think folding for 5% should be reserved for people you have an actual read on

Can someone explain this statement to me? What does Sthief mean "for 5%"?

The pot is 17 BB. If I win this hand 5.8% of the time then I break even.

[/ QUOTE ]

AT what point is the pot 17 bb? I say fold the flop because hero is stuck between 2 raisers and is only getting 8-1 or 11%.
Old 09-29-2005, 06:08 PM

I guess I should elaborate on why Id raise the river. When we were originally discussing the hand...or well right up until halfway through I missed that it wasnt BB putting the last raise in on the flop (Im a visual person and suck at read the hands in text).

Anyway look at his flop action. He leads into a capper, MP raises, BB just calls. Fine. Turn, he leads again probably putting MP on AK and MP just calls. At this point Im not feeling too bad about my hand. I think either one of them puts in another raise w/ something super strong. MP could have AK, 99-JJ on the turn (not really hot about his flop raise if he does have AK . If thats what he had the pot is large, u are not folding). Obviously he folded the river, given his stats he probably had AK, otherwise Im sure hes calling the last bet.

Anyway...I dont think a turn raise is the best, card was a blank. Maybe its good, I dont think its bad. But Id probably raise the river...to me, unless he played KK retarded (wouldnt put it past him I guess) I think Im in decent shape here.

If we consider MP to have AK w/ his river fold, BB can hold the following:

AA = 3combos (discount this a little)
KK=1 combo
QQ=1 combo
AK=6 combos (discount, if he does play Ak this way hes probably checking the river)
99-JJ=18 combos (maybe disount 99-TT a little)

Those numbers are str8 up...the ones where I would discount they would be a little lower. But its also based on feel. So we have more information I think on the river and while I sometimes raise the turn (depending on a couple things, the card that comes off...how like Im getting 3bet, etc), I like a river raise better.
Old 09-29-2005, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
AT what point is the pot 17 bb? I say fold the flop because hero is stuck between 2 raisers and is only getting 8-1 or 11%.

[/ QUOTE ]

The 5% comment referred to the river decision.
Old 09-29-2005, 06:20 PM

So one of the reasons I posted this hand is because while playing it I wanted to raise the river. I outlined my thought process in IRC last night and oreogod has already taken the liberty of sharing those thoughts here. Here were my thoughts last night.

[03:15] jason_t: and then on the river
[03:16] jason_t: i did a little math
[03:16] jason_t: here's what i thought
[03:16] jason_t: MP has AK
[03:16] jason_t: period
[03:16] jason_t: that's what he's got
[03:16] jason_t: after he folds the river that's clear
[03:16] jason_t: so
[03:16] jason_t: 3 A left
[03:16] jason_t: 2 K left
[03:16] jason_t: so
[03:16] jason_t: 3 combos of AA
[03:16] jason_t: 1 combo of KK
[03:16] jason_t: 1 combo of QQ
[03:16] jason_t: 6 combo of JJ
[03:16] jason_t: 6 combo of TT
[03:17] jason_t: 6 combo of AK
[03:17] jason_t: perhaps this can be discounted
[03:17] jason_t: but maybe not because he sure played the hand like he was confused how to play
[03:17] jason_t: which your average donk is with AK
[03:17] jason_t: now your average donk is gonna push AA/KK/QQ harder on the flop he just is
[03:17] jason_t: so i think AA/KK/QQ can be discounted
[03:18] jason_t: 3 AA 1 KK 1 QQ <----> 6 JJ 6 TT 6 AK
[03:21] jason_t: the reason i really like a river raise
[03:21] jason_t: is cause of the combination analysis
[03:21] jason_t: combined with the fact that the board paired
[03:22] jason_t: meaning I will never be 3-bet
[03:22] jason_t: except by QQ
[03:22] jason_t: so it's a thin value raise
[03:22] jason_t: cause i'm ahead of 6 JJ + 6 TT + 6 AK
[03:22] jason_t: and only behind 3 AA + 1 KK + 1 QQ discounted slightly
[03:22] jason_t: so there may actually be value in a raise
Old 09-29-2005, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Letting a hand like K3o call 1 bet instead of making him call 2 bets isn't a huge mistake. If lop flop comes down K3x and you end up losing a huge pot b/c he out flopped you, its a big mistake. Thats all I was really trying to say

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 09-29-2005, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Letting a hand like K3o call 1 bet instead of making him call 2 bets isn't a huge mistake. If lop flop comes down K3x and you end up losing a huge pot b/c he out flopped you, its a big mistake. Thats all I was really trying to say

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a costly event but it's an unlikely one. The profit from the far likelier event of KQ beats K3 more than makes up for the cost of K3 beats KQ.
Old 09-29-2005, 06:23 PM

i like the way you played this hand

but i think his range is a little too big here as far as hands go--he won't play many hands like this IMO (except for the weird flop call)---and i don't like raising this river [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

people who raise one hand in 130 are either running ridiculously card dead or are passive idiots who only know how to play good hands
Old 09-29-2005, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i like the way you played this hand

but i think his range is a little too big here as far as hands go--he won't play many hands like this IMO (except for the weird flop call)---and i don't like raising this river [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

people who raise one hand in 130 are either running ridiculously card dead or are passive idiots who only know how to play good hands

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just throwing my thoughts out there on a river raise. At the time I decided against it but I'm still not sure.
Old 09-29-2005, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a costly event but it's an unlikely one. The profit from the far likelier event of KQ beats K3 more than makes up for the cost of K3 beats KQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

KQo also beats Q3o a lot!
Old 09-29-2005, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

KQo also beats Q3o a lot!

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]