Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2005, 11:23 AM

Default Re: Stealing Food From Employers

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Pay people enough and you should be able to trust them.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is hopelessly naive for any restaurant/bar owner.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or any other occupation. He clearly hasn't paid much attention to recent white-collar crime scandals. Dirtbagfs are dirtbags. More money doesn't change that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have trust from my employers, I could easily steal money from them, but I never would. I expected most people would act similarly, sounds like most of you could be trusted to be honest without having every moment on camera.

Mack

[/ QUOTE ]

Even the people you think you can trust the most, sometimes dikc you over. Should I be able to trust them, I should hope so, but when its my money involved I want safegaurds.
Old 09-22-2005, 11:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No I suppose you don't. How many times have you broken the law though? I would guess most people have at some point, though I agree stealing is fairly serious especially when someone has trusted you with employment.

Mack

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not consider breaking the law to be immoral. The legislature does not define morality for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well no to me neither, I don't even know how I do define morality, some laws are silly, but if you break them you are a criminal nonetheless. I have broken the law plenty of times, I used to take windfalls when I was a kid, heh we lived on them sometimes.

Mack
Old 09-22-2005, 11:25 AM

Whats a windfall?
Old 09-22-2005, 11:34 AM

Back in HS, 3 of my friends all worked at the same gas station "franchise", that will remain nameless. Almost every time, two of them would be working together, and this store only had two people work at any given time. For a while, it was basic stuff, like if one of us went to get gas, when we went in to pay for it, we'd grab a bottle of pop, a candy bar, whatever.

Well, one day these two geniuses decided to step it up to the next level. Or like 4 levels up, I'm not entirely sure. When we'd have parties, they would basically fill up a cardboard box with things like Red Bulls, chips, pop, basically ripped the place off for way more money than I felt really comfortable with. It was fun while it lasted, nobody ever got caught in like the 3 times we did this. Not saying it was the smartest thing ever, and certainly not defending the fact that we probably took $500 worth of stuff from that place in our "CARE packages", but it was what it was.
Old 09-22-2005, 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Even the people you think you can trust the most, sometimes dikc you over. Should I be able to trust them, I should hope so, but when its my money involved I want safegaurds.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll tell you what I do.

I calculate my own wages.
I bank all the cash.
I pay all the bills on the computer.
I even do the transfer for of my own salary to my bank, and confirm it.
I know every intimate financial detail of my directors.

No one checks my work (we have an audit annually but just the usual tests), if they want to check for the last 4 years now, they can if they like, there is not a single penny unaccounted for. I think being trustworthy is a characteristic that people should be proud of, I simply wouldn't work for a person who didn't trust me, or had cameras pointing at me all the time. People spend a lot of time at work, and I think it should be more than simply an exchange of labour for money.

Mack
Old 09-22-2005, 11:37 AM

An apple that fell out of a tree.

Mack
Old 09-22-2005, 11:37 AM

you pat yourself on the back often?
Old 09-22-2005, 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll tell you what I do.

I calculate my own wages.
I bank all the cash.
I pay all the bills on the computer.
I even do the transfer for of my own salary to my bank, and confirm it.
I know every intimate financial detail of my directors.

No one checks my work (we have an audit annually but just the usual tests), if they want to check for the last 4 years now, they can if they like, there is not a single penny unaccounted for. I think being trustworthy is a characteristic that people should be proud of, I simply wouldn't work for a person who didn't trust me, or had cameras pointing at me all the time. People spend a lot of time at work, and I think it should be more than simply an exchange of labour for money.

Mack

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a great perspective, in a perfect world, but sometimes, you have to hire people off the street and yon never know what you are getting. When I open my place up, I plan to only hire, friends, and friends of friends and make sure that I deem them trustworthy, but I will still have safeguards in place.
Old 09-22-2005, 11:40 AM

Not really. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] From what I can see most people who are arguing against me here would not steal. Normal people don't steal from their employers.

Mack
Old 09-22-2005, 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That is a great perspective, in a perfect world,

[/ QUOTE ]

True I tend to do that a lot, I accept you don't always get the guy you advertised for.

Mack