Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2005, 05:41 AM

Default Re: Peachy-tilt.

Sounds so arseinine I'm afraid to read it, especially since I'm on Peachy overdose lately. I probably will at some point, but I have to steel myself up for it. You know, kind of like how Schindler's List sounded like such a total downer I had to wait ten years to find myself in the mood to see it.
Old 09-14-2005, 10:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure looking in your mind would be horrifying...and I noticed you didn't respond to my more substantive post. You thinking that "mistake" and "regret" mean the same thing is in and of itself a "mistake" on your part...in your very proclamation that you've never made a mistake - you're making one. It's almost Oedipal of you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't mean to be a "nit" but how did you come up with Oedipal? There is nothing "Oedipal" about thinking that "mistake" and "regret" mean the same thing and in the proclamation that she has never made a mistake.
Old 09-14-2005, 10:17 AM

Peachy annoyed me a little until the "easily and without a thought" reason for being a Republican, now she annoys me a lot.
Old 09-14-2005, 10:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sounds so arseinine I'm afraid to read it, especially since I'm on Peachy overdose lately. I probably will at some point, but I have to steel myself up for it. You know, kind of like how Schindler's List sounded like such a total downer I had to wait ten years to find myself in the mood to see it.

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFL. Schindler's list comparison was great.
Old 09-14-2005, 10:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And i stand by my reasoning that ive never made a "mistake"

[/ QUOTE ]

This is absurdly dumb.
Old 09-14-2005, 10:20 AM

Let's not start the whole "mistake" thread over again, mmkay?
Old 09-14-2005, 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure looking in your mind would be horrifying...and I noticed you didn't respond to my more substantive post. You thinking that "mistake" and "regret" mean the same thing is in and of itself a "mistake" on your part...in your very proclamation that you've never made a mistake - you're making one. It's almost Oedipal of you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't mean to be a "nit" but how did you come up with Oedipal? There is nothing "Oedipal" about thinking that "mistake" and "regret" mean the same thing and in the proclamation that she has never made a mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

i was going to go there when i read that but figured it so wasn't worth it ... let's focus on peachy.
Old 09-14-2005, 11:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
..i dont regret anything...therefore to me ive made no mistakes

[/ QUOTE ]

You've never had a bad batch of fruit salad? You've never forgotten to hit the restroom before getting on an airplane? You've never said "OK" to volunteering for some [censored] project that turned out to be 100x as much work as you thought? You've never woken up still blind drunk and naked next to some ho-bag that you don't remember ever seeing before?

This is just sad.
Old 09-14-2005, 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Peachy annoyed me a little until the "easily and without a thought" reason for being a Republican, now she annoys me a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

That post was the turning point for me, too. She *never* admits that she is wrong, and refuses to acknowledge anyone else's viewpoint unless it matches her own. If someone makes a brilliant argument that proves that she is wrong (such as EVERY SINGLE argument that has been presented to her as to what constitutes a "mistake"), she either totally ignores the post (while responding to others in the same thread), or she responds but continues to insist that she is right, despite the evidence staring her in the face.

I'd say she's a troll...but I think her trollness happens totally unwittingly and unintentionally.
Old 09-14-2005, 11:42 AM

I wondered about the same question and came to the same conclusion.