Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2005, 11:55 PM

Default Re: 1/2 Full Tables Stink. Little Money to Be Made There.

You beat 1/2 full for 3+BB/100 playing 28% of your hands? I must be doing something completely wrong... [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 09-13-2005, 12:09 AM

Yeah I don't know, for some reason it works for me, and it's a really fun way to play [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. I play very TAG postflop, so I think that offsets any marginal PF decisions I make, as it is unbelievable how bad postflop play is at 1/2.

I don't really cold call a lot, so I think it's high b/c I limp along alot of times with marginal suited connectors and play PP and other hands sometimes when I'm not getting the right odds, and completing or calling from the blinds when I shouldn't. Been down more like 25% last 5K hands or so. Trying to really change that as I am like .8bb/100 over 15K of 2/4. And lost like 600 playing 1k hands of 3/6.
Old 09-13-2005, 01:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you are playing at a table where it's routinely folded to the CO/button you should find a better table.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm glad to see your doing well at 1/2 tehox, especially playing it at 28VPIP, because I tend towards a laggish style myself (27/12 over 11k). I haven't hardly ever seen a 1/2 table though where it wasn't routinely folded to the CO/Button or there being perhaps one early or middle limper. I can't recall any tables where there would routinely be two limpers before it got to late position.

As far as blind stealing at 1/2, I was often going for Blind Steals from any position, including UTG. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I found I could routinely fold the whole table with a raise from anywhere. I probably overused this strategy, however, because when I did get called, say about 40% of the time, it was usually by a very good hand of course.
Old 09-13-2005, 01:52 AM

Oh cmon, just because they are tight doesn't mean you can't outplay the [censored] out of them postflop.
Old 09-13-2005, 01:52 AM

in my party 1/2 6-max db, the ASF is 50%.

on average, when the games were 6-handed, the flops were 3-handed. can't ask for much better than that. why don't you start playing short-handed?
Old 09-13-2005, 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm glad to see your doing well at 1/2 tehox, especially playing it at 28VPIP, because I tend towards a laggish style myself (27/12 over 11k). I haven't hardly ever seen a 1/2 table though where it wasn't routinely folded to the CO/Button or there being perhaps one early or middle limper. I can't recall any tables where there would routinely be two limpers before it got to late position.

As far as blind stealing at 1/2, I was often going for Blind Steals from any position, including UTG. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I found I could routinely fold the whole table with a raise from anywhere. I probably overused this strategy, however, because when I did get called, say about 40% of the time, it was usually by a very good hand of course.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is hard to find REALLY good games at the Party 1/2. And it will get folded to the CO/Button sometimes, but you should be able to find tables with average VPIPs around 27-33. Keep looking until you do. You using PokerAce? Open up like 4 tables and let them go for half an hour then come back and there should be at least one good one.

Playing LAG is fun [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. I basically look for any excuse to enter a pot, but you have to it only when the situation is favorable. Get in there with donks when you can, and avoid putting yourself in situaitons where you can be isolated by the better players. And you have to play well postflop, and adjust to how others are playing. Maybe I'm just on a 44K hand luck streak though [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] Time will tell I guess.
Old 09-13-2005, 02:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is hard to find REALLY good games at the Party 1/2. And it will get folded to the CO/Button sometimes, but you should be able to find tables with average VPIPs around 27-33. Keep looking until you do. You using PokerAce? Open up like 4 tables and let them go for half an hour then come back and there should be at least one good one.

Playing LAG is fun [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. I basically look for any excuse to enter a pot, but you have to it only when the situation is favorable. Get in there with donks when you can, and avoid putting yourself in situaitons where you can be isolated by the better players. And you have to play well postflop, and adjust to how others are playing. Maybe I'm just on a 44K hand luck streak though [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] Time will tell I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

you aren't playing LAG, you are playing the hands you should be + a bunch of breakeven/losers that you should be folding
Old 09-13-2005, 10:31 AM

Yes that's probably a more accurate description. It's still fun [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-13-2005, 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1/2 Full is a much tougher game than .5/1. There is little money to be made there. It stinks. Thats on Party, everywhere else is worse. I have little idea why anyone plays anywhere else. I'm beginning to think online full ring is a waste of time above the .5/1 level. And even if your killing the .5/1 game, you can only make a few dollars an hour, so there is nowhere to go online for a decent profit. Anyone disagree?

[/ QUOTE ]

holy crap.

this is the dumbest post ever.

oh no wait, actually you are right. i confess. it is impossible to profitably play poker at a level above .5/1 on party. disregard all of us who are doing it - in reality we are broke, and feed lies to the forum to give other people false hope while we secretly laugh at them. in fact, all the posts in SS and mid-high are actually written in a complex code which, to those in the know, translates to "suckahs."

cease posting mind numbingly useless threads like this, please, unless this was a horrible horrible joke.
Old 09-13-2005, 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
in fact, all the posts in SS and mid-high are actually written in a complex code which, to those in the know, translates to "suckahs."

[/ QUOTE ]

thats funny no matter who you are.