Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2005, 05:14 PM

Default Re: Bankroll Bragging...

More then a little. And less then a lot.

That's how it will be for life.
Old 08-30-2005, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I never have/had a "bankroll" in the sense that all my poker $$ came from one source that was incapable of being replenished, instead I deposit money and withdraw profit when I have expenses. While this relegates me to the lower levels, it works for me and my financial situation (i.e., if i weren't a poor grad student, that wouldnt be the case).

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a poor grad student, and that's exactly why I am so obsessive about bankroll. My unreplenishable source was a $500 moment of stupidty at Party. If I hadn't needed to get the money back I never would have learned this stupid game. It's a good thing I learned to play before I learned anything about how large downswings can be. Well, that and after I went on a huge tear. [Censored], Party is rigged.
Old 08-30-2005, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I never have/had a "bankroll" in the sense that all my poker $$ came from one source that was incapable of being replenished, instead I deposit money and withdraw profit when I have expenses. While this relegates me to the lower levels, it works for me and my financial situation (i.e., if i weren't a poor grad student, that wouldnt be the case).

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a poor grad student, and that's exactly why I am so obsessive about bankroll. My unreplenishable source was a $500 moment of stupidty at Party. If I hadn't needed to get the money back I never would have learned this stupid game. It's a good thing I learned to play before I learned anything about how large downswings can be. Well, that and after I went on a huge tear. [Censored], Party is rigged.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was a grad student until this past summer. RA stipend, anyone? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-30-2005, 05:31 PM

if you win so much at the higher levels why do you ever go back down?
Old 08-30-2005, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I was a grad student until this past summer. RA stipend, anyone? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

My RA stipend doesn't leave me in abject poverty, but it is about 35% of my market value. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] Poker has bailed me out of a few situations where my department forgot to pay me, and of course it took a month to fix.
Old 08-30-2005, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This thread would become slightly useful if people also posted what level(s) they play.

$2199
4-table 33's or 8-table 11's

[/ QUOTE ]

$2199?

Bah. I 4 table 215's with that. Nary a problem......... [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

More short-rolled than normal right now, about 4800 between 2 accounts, 8x 215.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a highly-transparent attempt to get me to four-table the 215's on my $2199 bankroll. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] I won't be fooled that easily! I am too smrt for that!
Old 08-30-2005, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hahaha, that is great, I have more money for the 22s than you do for the 215s.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe consider cashing out or moving up? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 08-30-2005, 05:46 PM

Default Re: Income?

[ QUOTE ]
If the first question wasn't rude, this one may be, but I'm just kinda curious what kind of incomes people who do this (semi-)professionally are making at different stakes.

[/ QUOTE ]

11's: $4.37/hr
22's: $6.31/hr
33's: $24.10/hr
55's: $53.13/hr (I wish this one were real. Alas, N=6)

Overall: N=1270, $9.07/hr
Low stakes pride!
Old 08-30-2005, 05:51 PM

$2250
Old 08-30-2005, 05:54 PM

Default Re: Income?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If the first question wasn't rude, this one may be, but I'm just kinda curious what kind of incomes people who do this (semi-)professionally are making at different stakes.

[/ QUOTE ]

11's: $4.37/hr
22's: $6.31/hr
33's: $24.10/hr
55's: $53.13/hr (I wish this one were real. Alas, N=6)

Overall: N=1270, $9.07/hr
Low stakes pride!

[/ QUOTE ]

shouldnt you be looking at $/tournery, unless you one table continuously