Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 07:16 PM

Default Re: From the Text Book: HAND READING

When u say he is attypical I'd put my vote on the
other aces. AA. Satistically unlikely but possible with the
how the hand played out.
Old 08-03-2005, 08:16 PM

65 or a set?

Edit:
He's an unknown player, so I hope it's not 65, as that would have been misplayed on his part (flop raise is not good).

Also, due to the callers, I believe that he doesn't have 77, as he wouldn't have bothered to raise with this hand unless it were HU.

Also, since 65s calling after two limpers and a raise isn't really good value for your money, it makes this a little less likely.

Therefore a set, 44 or 33 seems likely.

The thing that weirds me out here is that I'm not sure if he should be calling PF with those hands.

If he were in the SB calling I'd put him on 33 or 44, but not 65s (need position for this hand), on the button...

--Dave.
Old 08-03-2005, 08:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When u say he is attypical I'd put my vote on the
other aces. AA. Satistically unlikely but possible with the
how the hand played out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not me, man... aces caps this preflop.
Old 08-03-2005, 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The answer is pocket elevens.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's holding a pocket trips; probably twelves.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:04 PM

Default Re: RESULT

I don't quite get this excercise? Would the knowledge that this donk plays 74o like this really change how you played this hand? There is no way you 3-bet this hand and no way you are folding. And you have to call down UI. (This is echoing what emmitt said, but I think worth repeating).

I think a hand would be more valuable if reading the hand would actually change how you played it. Here I think we are playing this hand the same if the guy is loose as a goose or if he is tight as sin.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I made it abundantly clear I wanted to see if there were enough people up for a weekly bit of fun. Small minded donks who STILL think that getting AA cracked is a bad beat well - you have a lot of growing up to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't be so hard on yourself. I never called you a "small-minded donk" -- but your post is still nothing more than a glorified bad beat post.

[ QUOTE ]
If your ego is too inflated to cope with having to "guess" (and be wrong most of the time, like you were here) that is an issue you will have to deal with. You could just not bother taking part.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing to do with me being wrong.... and nothing really "fun" about guessing a random hand... this is not a "Hand Reading" exercise -- its a roll of the dice.

[ QUOTE ]
I mean God forbid, I might have to post another hand where I lost to garbage

[/ QUOTE ]

We have all lost to garbage, nothing wrong with that. But you didn't ask if you did something wrong in playing the hand -- you just devised an elaborate scheme to whine about having your Aces cracked. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

[ QUOTE ]
If that means forum idiots missing the point of the post entirely

[/ QUOTE ]

Please tell this idiot the point of your brilliant post... I can't wait to learn.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:44 PM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"

Getting nearly 16:1 on the River I do not have to expose a donk very often to make the call correct,

That's why I asked about the player, what he knows of you and you of him are somewhat important here, but if he's at all reasoned I think this is a fold. It's more to do with how you played the hand than the way he did, sometimes we play in such an obvious ABC way that it is almost certain we are beat. Why? because they know you are strong to the point of at least calling.
Old 08-04-2005, 03:16 AM

You make a good point. I have not played much full-ring of late so certainly need to brush up on my analysis, and coming from the HUSH forum I probably will call down a little too easily in such spots.

Do you guys assume a player is "reasonable" until shown otherwise? or do you assume "chook" until ability is demonstrated (which is the tendency is the HUSH forum)?
Old 08-04-2005, 03:40 AM

clueless (klu:lis) [adj. helpless; stupid.

[ QUOTE ]
I can't wait to learn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure?

If you can find a single example of complaint or "whining" about losing the hand anywhere in this thread then I accept your assertion. But you cannot, for the simple reason that nowhere in this post do I make any kind of complaint. Nowhere is there anything like "Why do I always get sucked out" or "I cannot win with Aces". In fact, despite your attempts to "understand" what the post is about, you appear to have little capacity to follow simple explanatory statements. Shall we pick a few examples?

[ QUOTE ]
if we get a sufficient response I may run a weekly "Guess the hand for $20" post

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
stripsqueeze ran a very successful "guess the hand for $$" thread over in the HUSH Forum (which is where I have mostly appeared from). I figured you weak-tighties might appreciate something similar

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
IT'S A BIT OF FUN and an excuse to laugh at hands that bad players play for $$.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
MHING (but I did get to laugh)

[/ QUOTE ]

On the other hand, we do see evidence that YOU are more than willing to complain-at-first-sight:

[ QUOTE ]
the exercise is somewhat of a guessing game.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
No cash and nothing to learn here.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

[/ QUOTE ]

No-one is forcing you to take part in this thread, so why not just piss-off? You have posted nothing in terms of argument or substance that requires anything more than re-stating the obvious. I am not sure what it will take to convince you of how wrong you are, maybe the possibility is dawning on your clouded intellect by now? As it stands, you are alone in your utterly incorrect and misconceived position.

I am offering to front my own money for a bit of fun each week, something which proved immensely popular in the HUSH forum. All you can do is flame and complain. Keep it up and I will drop the idea. There is nothing challenging in dealing with mindless donks who have nothing constructive to add to this forum.
Old 08-04-2005, 10:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No-one is forcing you to take part in this thread, so why not just piss-off?

[/ QUOTE ]

Translation: Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! I wasn't whining about a bad beat, I was whining about having my Aces cracked. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

[ QUOTE ]
I am not sure what it will take to convince you of how wrong you are, maybe the possibility is dawning on your clouded intellect by now? As it stands, you are alone in your utterly incorrect and misconceived position.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am confident in my own intelligence and maybe not alone in judging your post... Earlier, Meep 42 wrote: "It's a thinly veiled bad beat post." Which promted you to respond with a long-winded defensive explanation and Meep to then back off from the accusation. As it turns out, he was the first one to get the right answer! Send him the money!

[ QUOTE ]

I am offering to front my own money for a bit of fun each week, something which proved immensely popular in the HUSH forum. All you can do is flame and complain. Keep it up and I will drop the idea. There is nothing challenging in dealing with mindless donks who have nothing constructive to add to this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Listen, you do what you want. I did not flame -- I poked a little fun at you for finding an innovative way to make a bad beat post -- or should I say an "Aces cracked" post. You proved yourself to be a little thin-skinned...

And you can disqualify me from your competition if you so choose. But realize that you billed your post as a "hand reading exercise". It was nothing of the sort. If you had not disguised your "I lost AA to 74o" post as a "hand reading exercise" I would have had no complaint.

The one thing I can say for certain is that your post and this thread contributed nothing to this forum. I will not call you a "small minded donk," a "mindless donk" or an "idiot". But do you realize what your resorting to name calling says about you and your arguments?

Have a great day. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Closed Thread