Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2005, 02:05 PM

Default Re: 25/50 AA line...

[ QUOTE ]

if he is the type to value bet i would check here as it looks like you may have bet a seven. then maybe raise him all in.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think he can give me credit for any holding that contains a 7, 77 would be a VERY close call for me, give our stacks.
Old 08-01-2005, 02:18 PM

OOP I think you need to reraise this PF. I like flat calling rocks when I hold AA, but I feel much better when I do it with position - Not to mention that by flat calling you're playing a 3 way pot with another tilting guy who could have anything.

Also, one of the first/easiest reads I get on people is what their PF reraising standards are. If this guy is rockish, I'm surprised that JJ, QQ and AK were in the range you cited.
Old 08-01-2005, 02:27 PM

bet 2000
Old 08-01-2005, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OOP I think you need to reraise this PF. I like flat calling rocks when I hold AA, but I feel much better when I do it with position - Not to mention that by flat calling you're playing a 3 way pot with another tilting guy who could have anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

But the tilted guy only has 2k or less, so who cares about him? Should I? If he wants to call 30% of his stack preflop with something random, good for him, no?

Also, as far as the smoooth calling wtih AA preflop thing, I've been thinking about this, why does everyone advocate only doing this with position? It'd be one thing if we both had 10k, but with 5k, assuming one of us bets, it's going in there, no? Pot is 1800 if I check and he bets 1200, I am checking raising to 3600 which is basically my stack, so what's the difference between him leading and then me in position raising? Just curious. I normally only slow play AA heads up, I don't find myself doing it more frequently in position or out of position if there is a raise and a 3bet preflop. I'd be much more likely to do it in position if he opened and I called. Does this make any sense?
Old 08-01-2005, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't see how any bet I make isn't committing on the end given my turn bet, pot size, stack size.

Anyone play the turn different? Check turn, lead river?

KK or QQ has to bet the turn here, doesn't it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if you think a $1K bet on the river commits you (to me, it doesn't), then a check is the only option.
Old 08-01-2005, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

if we check and he bets, you might as well fold. he has QQ. period.

[/ QUOTE ]

I strongly disagree.
Old 08-01-2005, 03:47 PM

AZK,

Disclaimer: I don't play much cash NL, and certainly not this high.

The pot preflop when it gets back to you is >1k, while your stack has ~4.1k behind, and the short stack has ~1.3k behind.

Taking those things into account, and also taking into account that you say you've been playing fairly loosely and been getting pushed off your raises, I can't see how 3 betting preflop can be all that wrong of a line. Granted it's very nice to double up when you have aces, I would think you'd have to be happy with any of the situations 1) take down the pot now (ok, not incredibly happy) 2) get it in called by the tilting guy 3) get it in called by both 4) get it in called by the rock.

Mostly it's the fact that the pot is fairly large, the tilting guy is fairly likely to call, that makes his stack + the pot looks like a tasty snack at this point.

If I could ask some sort of question to go along with this, it would be what range is your opponent supposed to put you on after your call preflop? Also, if your plan was to checkraise the flop and likely take it down on the flop basically every time you're ahead as far as it seems your reads go, it would appear reraising preflop gets even better, no?

citanul
Old 08-01-2005, 04:33 PM

I still say a reraise of 1200 or so preflop is the best move, dont worry about the tilty guy. A "rock" has reraised your 4BB bet to 12BB. I dont think hes going anywhere. You say you've been raising quite a bit, so a reraise here wont scream AA. If you do raise and he folds you picked up a nice pot w/o showing a hand. I think a big raise here if not a push is the best move. Makes playing the hand a lot easier. I have ran into KK when i push my aces a lot, people simply talk themselves into calling.
Old 08-01-2005, 04:38 PM

eh, after thinking about it, i'm going to go with a non-push raise as my favorite move here, something that screws someone's odds a little worse. maybe like 1k more preflop.

citanul
Old 08-01-2005, 04:44 PM

Default Results?