Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2005, 01:44 PM

Default Re: Anne Calls a Spade a Spade.

I imagine Kennedy and the woman saw the cop car, but maybe the cop car didn't see them. Or the cop knew the spot might be a "lover's lane" type of spot and when he sees the car pull away he just laughs it off.

The interesting thing, to me, is if indeed my scenario is correct, Kennedy's decision to lie about it. What were his choices? He could have told the truth (again, assuming my scenario is the truth): he was making out with the woman, sees a cop, wants to avoid the scandal, and bails out, telling her to drive the car home. But this would be an admission of adultery or something close to it. So, instead, by telling the lie, he can make it seem he was just innocently driving her home and there was this terrible accident, and he just made a horrible mistake waiting until the morning to report it.

I suppose we'll never know the truth, unless one of his confidants (and I'm not sure they're still alive) reveals it, perhaps if he outlives Senator Kennedy and he himself even knows the truth.