Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2005, 02:18 PM

Default Re: Muslim Immigrants: Importing Terrorists?

[ QUOTE ]
They were justifiable. We were responding to an agressive force.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yes. I'm certain that suicide bombers in Baghdad don't think that's whay they're doing.

[ QUOTE ]

We weren't targeting civilians -- we were targeting the means of production that allowed them to continue their agression.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah..because the Nazis wouldn't have been able to continue their campaign of aggression without lovely, lovely paintings to look at. I wish to thank you for proving my point nicely by way of the most oblivious and ironic post of the year.

Oh, and please read a book on Dresden.
Old 07-17-2005, 02:37 PM

Sorry - The British ordered it.
Old 07-17-2005, 03:00 PM

You obviously believe all actions are morally equivalent. I don't -- and don't understand how any thinking person could. I consider peoples actions, not their words. And I judge their actions by their intent, not the nature of the act.
Old 07-17-2005, 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And I judge their actions by their intent, not the nature of the act.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, if a power crazy govt uses military force but the intent is unjustified you would oppose it and if a non-governmental "army" uses suicide bombers but the intent is justified you would be happy with that?

Perhaps that is exactly what a Palestinian who has lost a brother to a US built Apache, paid for by US taxpayers and flown by an Israeli pilot thinks when he sees a brother blow himself up in Tel Aviv.
Old 07-17-2005, 09:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

A Russian friend of mine said it well. "All Muslims are not terrorists but all terrorists are Muslims".

[/ QUOTE ]

Oklahoma City? Unabomber?
you biggot.
Old 07-17-2005, 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It does? Elaborate please.
1. Osama Bin Laden is a terrorist who advocates violence against civilians as a legitimate tactic.
2. MOST muslim suicide bombing targets are civilians. It is the VERY RARE occurence when a suicide bombers attack a miltary target.
3. The poll numbers show large numbers of muslims express "confidence" in Osama Bin laden (OSL). This can be interpreted as approval of OBL. If you approve of a terrorist leader then the odds are you approve of his terrorists tactics.
4. The poll numbers show significant numbers of muslims approve of suicide bombings. Since 99%+ of suicide bombings target civilians, then it is logical to assume these same people approve of terrorism (aka conducting violence against civilians).

On a side note, if the suicide bombers ***ONLY*** targeted military targets....THEN....I would consider this to be a respectable and a valid tactic.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just read an article on why suicide bomebers...well, bomb. They do it for one reason, almost 100%, because of foreign military in their country. Once that country leaves their country, it stops...almost 100% of the time. this was in the Vancouver Sun, and im sure, if you want, you can look it up on the inty.
cheers.
Old 07-17-2005, 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oklahoma City?

[/ QUOTE ]

Tim McVeigh was connected to Islamic groups.
Old 07-17-2005, 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So, if a power crazy govt uses military force but the intent is unjustified you would oppose it

[/ QUOTE ]

Has nothing to do with 'power crazy' whatever you think that means. Yes.

[ QUOTE ]
if a non-governmental "army" uses suicide bombers but the intent is justified you would be happy with that?

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't give a damn if people want to commit suicide -- go ahead -- these are homicide bombers, and they are targeting civilians. There is no justification to target civilians.

Do I think Japanese Kamikaze pilots were justifed -- no, because they were the agressor. Were they justified in use of the tactic? Of course.
Old 07-17-2005, 09:39 PM

Extremists from any direction are problems, and they will kill indiscriminately for their cause. See Apocopylse Now when Brando talks about how much committment the NVA had to cut off arms of children innoculated by the Westt or better yet, read Calib Carr's "Lessons of Terror". This terrorism is nothing new. Ask the Pilgrims or the English or read about the Civil War. Difference now is that we should be able to be more effective at stopping it and educating those who think it will bring justice to their cause. Terrorism has always failed.
Old 07-17-2005, 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Terrorism has always failed.

[/ QUOTE ]

In a nuclear age, it can fail spectacularly.