Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: .
Turning Stone Pro 83 72.81%
tdarko 31 27.19%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-24-2005, 11:17 AM

Default Re: Apartment building laundry ettiquite! Resolution necessary!

Put HER in the dryer. Bitch.
Old 06-24-2005, 11:55 AM

Default Re: RESULTS

I think she was way wrong to do what she did... even if some cosmic principal of the universe says that "as soon as the cycle stops it's fair game" I still think it's inconsiderate and represents little respect for others.

That said, I don't know if you want to start a 'laundry war' (unless you love that sort of thing; then go for it). It's already irritating enough to have to do these tasks.

It may be a wuss thing to do, but I would maybe have asked her if she intends to do this every time, or maybe if she could wait 5 minutes next time. But you may have already retaliated in a such way that as far as the laundry war is concerned... it's on.

I'd like to know how this plays out.
Old 06-24-2005, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
pooper time

[/ QUOTE ]

She had a lot of clothes, man. They're not all fitting up there.

-dB

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought this was a hilarious post, BTW. I'm surprised it didn't get any explicit laughs.
Old 06-24-2005, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the washer or dryer is yours as long as it is running. The second that it stops it is then fine to take someone else's clothes out. The answer that I always gave to those that got upset was that their quarter(s) entitled them to the use of the machine for the time of the cycle and as long as they didn't want to pay rent for the using the machine after their cycle that it was someone elses turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-24-2005, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For several years I owned laundromats. This exact scenario caused tons of problems as we didn't have enough dryers to cover all the washers and we didn't have enough of the large 50 lb. washers to make everyone happy.

The rule that I always enforced was that the washer or dryer is yours as long as it is running. The second that it stops it is then fine to take someone else's clothes out. The answer that I always gave to those that got upset was that their quarter(s) entitled them to the use of the machine for the time of the cycle and as long as they didn't want to pay rent for the using the machine after their cycle that it was someone elses turn.

This is a rather long answer to your question but I think she was right in taking your clothes out of the washer as the cycle had ended and she had no idea when you were coming back. You say you were 2 minutes late but many people leave and come back hours later. On the other hand she was clearly wrong taking your wet clothes out of the moving dryer. If the dryer was stopped, wet clothes or not, I am on her side on this one also.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think things are different in a laudromat that has rules that are understood by everybody and are in place to keep the business from losing money and to avoid keeping people waiting away from their homes for longer than they have to.

In the apartments, I think there needs to be a grace period (at least 5 minutes) so people don't have to come down 15 minutes early just to guard their laundry; it's about everybody's convenience. Besides, these things don't have atomic clocks on them. I used to set a digital timer to go get my laundry the minute it was supposed to be done (according to the washer's digital timer) but it always ran slow... I'd imagine one could run fast, too.
Old 06-24-2005, 03:39 PM

Default Perhaps I Am............

........projecting my bad experiences of coin-operated W/D on you. I have encountered a lot inconsiderate people who camp their clothes in coin operated W/D while other people sit around waiting for them to return. When you put your money in, the machine belongs to you for the machine cycle. Once the cycle is over, the machine is no longer yours.

But there are two sides to every story. It would be interesting to hear her side.
Old 06-24-2005, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Because the girl's Asian?

-dB

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL... well...

Im sure the asian population is probably a hell of a lot higher at cornell than where you live [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Also, the laundry and living situations just sound like something that would happen at school.
Old 06-24-2005, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Any plans to come up to TS?

-dB

[/ QUOTE ]

Im visting a friend who is off to grad school next year in August. We'll be hitting either TStone or Foxwoods.

But, regardless, I'll make an effort to overcome my feelings towards NL play and hit up some of games next year, since I've met several players on here.
Old 06-24-2005, 03:48 PM

take a dump in the dryer with her clothes in there.
Old 06-24-2005, 03:52 PM

In theater she's fair game, but unfortunately here in the states ...