Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2005, 01:56 PM

Default Re: Jimmy Carter = Wimp Extroidinaire

He ment that Rosslyn had them in a jar on her nightstand! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-21-2005, 02:02 PM

Default JFK was Overated but I would not call him Incompetant.

He was a tax cutter so I give him points for that.
As for his foreign policy he was a fool.
1. He got the USA involved in Vietnam.
2. He launched the Bay of Pigs w/o air support. If you're going to do something do it 100% not 50%. He would have done better to have cancelled the mission rather than doing it half *ssed.

I give him points for calling Krushchev's bluff during the Cuban missle crisis. Krushchev thought he could bully Kennedy. With 20/20 hindsight I think there was ZERO chance for WW3 in this incident. Many JFK worshippers point to the Cuban Missle Crisis as their reason for deifying JFK.
Old 06-21-2005, 02:06 PM

Default Re: JFK was Overated but I would not call him Incompetant.

[ QUOTE ]
I give him points for calling Krushchev's bluff during the Cuban missle crisis.

[/ QUOTE ]

He called it because he knew what hand Krushchev was holding, that the missles were nowhere near operational. This was accomplished via CIA human intel sources, many of whom lost their lives in Cuba.
Old 06-21-2005, 02:38 PM

Default Re: JFK was Overated but I would not call him Incompetant.

[ QUOTE ]
He was a tax cutter so I give him points for that.
As for his foreign policy he was a fool.
1. He got the USA involved in....

[/ QUOTE ]

... Iraq.

This is how Dubya will be remembered. Except the cutting taxes part won't be remembered so fondly even by conservatives because of the record breaking deficit spending and its consequences.

-ptmusic
Old 06-21-2005, 02:47 PM

Default Re: Slamdunkpro is welcome to stay

[ QUOTE ]
Both apologised.as they should have.

[/ QUOTE ]
Everyone who makes a gaffe apologizes. Never said they didn't, moron. I merely pointed out that both parties same the SAME sort of things ...

Durbin dint apologize nor did anyone in his party chastise him.

When you compare turning down the ac to a nazi death camps
you sound absurd.
No normal person would do that or see nazi death camps in turning down the air conditioner.
Time to change the hat kurto.
Old 06-21-2005, 03:00 PM

Please... go join the Nickelodeon forum. You have to be a kid. I know its naive of me but I can't beleive that an educated adult can be as ignorant as you.

Hmmm... I notice you ignored how I dispelled your whole post. Also, I noticed you haven't responded since you called me a liar where we acknowledged in the military report that we beat a man to death. Not that I expected you too. You're too stupid and shallow to do that.

The idiot says, "Durbin dint apologize nor did anyone in his party chastise him."

Reality:

[ QUOTE ]
Durbin: "My statement in the Senate was critical of the policies of this administration, which add to the risk our soldiers face," he said in a statement released Friday afternoon. "I have learned from my statement that historical parallels can be misused and misunderstood. I sincerely regret if what I said caused anyone to misunderstand my true feelings: Our soldiers around the world and their families at home deserve our respect, admiration and total support."

[/ QUOTE ]

You're even fun to spar with because you're too stupid to even research the basic things before you spout off with your ignorance.

Even though we've hung by their wrists from chains, beaten them, etc. you pretend its nothing more then turning up the air conditioning. Again... its hard to imagine an adult this stupid, and yet here you are.

Please... you're too stupid and ignorant to bother with. Every post you say something more wrong and/or stupid then the last. Grow up.

On a side note: Do you play poker, if so, what game on what site under what name? I'm curious if you're as bad at poker as you are ignorant?
Old 06-21-2005, 03:07 PM

Kuto I will play poker with you any day. lol pick the game.
Durbin did not apologize,
He sad he was sorry that people misunderstood him.
Seriously dude.Laxitive.
Old 06-21-2005, 03:17 PM

Default Oops... almost missed more ways that tripping is foolish

[ QUOTE ]
nor did anyone in his party chastise him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Another thing you know Tripping didn't research. You'd think since he's so consistantly wrong, he'd actually look something up once in awhile before flaunting his ignorance over and over again.

[ QUOTE ]
Email This Story
Print This Story
Daley: Durbin Should Apologize For Guantanamo Comments

Jun 21, 2005 1:16 pm US/Central
CHICAGO (AP) Chicago Mayor Richard Daley says Senator Dick Durbin should apologize for comments comparing American interrogators at Guantanamo Bay to Nazis.

Daley says Durbin -- a fellow Democrat -- is a good friend.

[/ QUOTE ]

Furthermore... Trippin, you acknowledge that Santorum and Buchanan compared others to nazis. You say they were rebuked.

Did Republicans call for Santorum to be censured? Resign? Nope.

Matter of fact, if you do a news search for +Rick +Santorum and +Hitler... you can 5-6 hits. It was hardly news.

He justifed his statement as follows:
[ QUOTE ]
Hours later, Mr. Santorum clarified that his Hitler remark was "meant to dramatize the principle of an argument, not to characterize" Senate Democrats. "My point was that it is preposterous for someone to trample a well-established principle," he said, "and then accuse his opponents of acting unlawfully when they try to re-establish that principle."

[/ QUOTE ]

Where are the endless letters to the editor by the Republicans expressing outrage? Why didn't Gingrich address Congress and ask that Santorum be censured?

I just did a search on this forum. Isn't it odd how now a single post was made after Santorum's remarks? No post from Billy or Adios or BCVBP or Broken Glass Can outraged at Santorum's remarks?
Old 06-21-2005, 03:19 PM

Default Trippin

Hmmm... you called me liar when i said we beat a man to death. I posted the story. You're still silent. Sticking with your shallow side, eh?

So, what site do you play at? Do you play NL? Is your screen name the same as here?
Old 06-21-2005, 05:01 PM

Default Regarding LBJ

You are both right and wrong. Many Republicans disserve a lot of credit for supporting civil rights, as do northern Democrats. The fact is that both parties were split on the issue, but it was southern Democrats that filibustered civil rights legislations. As for LBJ:

[ QUOTE ]
LBJ was opposed to it but saw that the political capitol outweighed his personal view, and he was right...

[/ QUOTE ]

I think LBJ was a complex man. He was a racist. But he was also highly intelligent understood cognitively that his racism was grounded in his racist upbringing and was factually baseless. He basically overcame his personal demons to do what is right. Let's not also forget Harry Truman, who disegregated the military, was a KKK member. He likewise overcame his personal demons, realizing that racism was wrong. I think it was more than political expediency. I mean, at some point you support policy b/c you think it's right.

For this reason, I respect both of them. To this day growing up white in the South exposes you to "everyday" incidents of racism. Many of you non Southerners would truly be surprised.